cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online chat

ljsweetie
Just joined

I really need to speak to someone about downgrading my account and there no online chat option.  I dont have the time to sit on the phone online waiting to speak to someone. Is there any other way I can do this online messenger for text 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the options for downgrading can be dealt with by phone, text message service on 07533051809, there is also chat but can be up / down depending on how busy the chat is, have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the options for downgrading can be dealt with by phone, text message service on 07533051809, there is also chat but can be up / down depending on how busy the chat is, have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mike

Thanks I'll try the text service however not hopefully was on hold yesterday for and hour and was cut off.

Thanks again

Lucy

I tried and tried and tried.  What a waste of time.  Chat button doesn't work at all.  Tried three different browsers. 

Eventually got through on chat via a different link (supplied by someone in this forum) but it was merely a bot.  Terri Triage, in fact. 

After it asking what i was wanting to discuss and after asking my details etc and several security questions, it then told me ... sorry but as it as weekend all of our staff have gone home.  On a Saturday afternoon!

I had been trying out virgin broadband on a rolling monthly package.  I had now wanted to contact virgin to ask to upgrade to an 18 month contract and take their full ultimate oomph package, with a third mini box and Netflix etc added on too.   Been trying all week.

Thank God, no-one at virgin answered actually me ... or i would now be stuck in a contract with them.

I'm going to stick with Sky.

Appalling service from Virgin.  Lucky escape for me.  Be warned, all.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paulh_nwuk, sorry to hear you've had some problems getting in touch about your contract.

As far as I'm aware this can't be done via online chat - it would be best to contact the relevant team via phone (150/ 0345 454 1111) or text (0753 305 1809) for assistance with your query.

Please let us know how that goes.

Tom 

Emilia123
Joining in

Scheduled appointment was ignored, i was passed 3 times to wrong department and representatives were extremely rude. To add to that when I spoke to one of your team members he advised my package would remain at £33 per month and I see now i am billed for £65!!!! this is outrageous!

I explained on multiple occasions I depend on the internet for my work and that i need house move to be discussed and progressed swiftly and in a timely manner and service I receive is beyond appalling!

To add up, the rudeness of the customer service people is beyond belief with people asking same questions over and over again, being routed to wrong department, people talking over me when i explain to them it is not polite or educated to talk over customers and they should wait their turn when speaking! Last representative even hung up on me and he confirmed that he was the 4th incorrect person I had been speaking to before hanging p.

If this is the service I receive i'd rather have services cancelled from the 18th when contract ends as this is despicable treatment!

Hi Emilia, thank you for getting in touch to bring this to our attention!

Sincerest apologies for your poor experience, this is not the kind of service we aim to provide. 

There are several different issues here that we need to support you with 

1) Your billing and package information.

2) Your service activation following a Move & Transfer.

3) Your poor experience when contacting us via phone to get this sorted. 

I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can look into your account, investigate what has happened, raise a complaint for you, and offer further support to get these issues resolved. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread wit an update as soon as possible. 

All the best!

Molly