Menu
brantome
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Online chat unavailable?

Hi, when I try to access my upgrades and offers on the webpage, it bombs out with an 'Oops there's been a problem' error. As life is too short to spend ages waiting on the phone to get this resolved, I thought I'd use online chat but it never seems to be available. What's the best route to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online chat unavailable?

Unfortunately it can't be resolved. There are a host of reasons why it can give this error, most relate to loyalty discounts, promotional offers or miscallaneous credits being on the account that hinder its ability to give you accurate pricing for upgrades. It works for me, but to be honest it's an absolute waste of time and I wouldn't advise ever using it. The prices it quotes are wildly off scale and a quick look around the forum shows it causes all sorts of problems for people.

Honestly the best thing to do is ring up. You may find that if you make make changes to your package or re-contract, that My Upgrades & Offers will then work, not that you'd need it at that point.

With regards to Online Chat, they seem to be swamped recently and it would just be a case of checking throughout the day if agents become available unfortunately.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
brantome
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I can understand there being a myriad of reasons why they can't give me some offers, but 'Oops, something went wrong' only has one reason in my experience, shabby programming 😉 I'll perservere with online chat. Cheers
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Exactly, it really is an awful system that needs a complete overhaul. For example, it wants to charge me £19 extra to upgrade my call plan to Talk More Anytime International (should only be £7) with an additional £60 activation fee. Smiley Very Happy Like why would I even bother?

av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to put this here so you understand the situation better, this post by the wonderful Karen_A summarises all the possible reasons that can prevent access to My Upgrades & Offers.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/channel-loss-and-problem-upgrading/...

0 Kudos
brantome
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Again, that gives valid reasons as to why they might not be able to offer changes. In those cases, I’d expect a tidy “we are unable to offer you any deals or offers online, please contact blah, blah, blah” message rather than “Oops, something went wrong”’ which is, as I say, indicative of poor programming or other underlying error.

brantome
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Again, that gives valid reasons as to why they might not be able to offer changes. In those cases, I’d expect a tidy ‘we are unable to offer you any deals or offers online, please contact blah, blah, blah’ message rather than ‘Oops, something went wrong’ which is, as I say, indicative of poor programming or other underlying error.

0 Kudos
NoelODowd
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have had similar problems , I service charges are being increased from October 1st and I simply want to discuss why I am not receiving the Broad Band speed I am paying for. I can not get through on the Phone or Chat Room - Is there an e-mail service where I can leave a message 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alanch610
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If the agents are swamped and are unavailable why do virgin insist on recommending it I have tried to use it many time with no luck it seems to me a waste of time just have to sit on the phone for hours talking to an inefficient call centre

0 Kudos
Bakey180
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Go to upgrades and my offers....you get on the on line chat straightaway....I did it earlier...tell them your issue and they connect you to the tech dept.... sorted

0 Kudos