Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online card payments

saabmania2
Dialled in

Good Morning Guys and Gals, 

Hope you are all well, 

Can someone see if they can help with an issue i have with the online payment system as I've been trying to pay my bill via visa card for the last 12 hours I have tried 6 different cards but the system keeps failing with the same error message "failed to authenticate the card" 

Can someone please raise this issue and try to get it resolved 

thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @saabmania2,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues completing your payments!

Have you ensured that all the details you entered are correct? This error would show if some details were incorrectly input. Are you making your payment through our Make a Payment option on our Billing and Payments Support page

Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies to see if this can help at all? Please try a different web browser as well as this can also help.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply,

Yes the details have been checked and I have used some of those cards on other websites before and after trying on Virgin medias site, also my card details are saved on my computer so they cannot be incorrect and as I say they are working everywhere else and yes I am making the payment through your. Make a Payment option on our Billing and Payments Support page  I have done this for the last 4-5 years without issue but only this month you have changed certain aspects of the website and now I seem to be having issues 🤔 

I know I'm not entering the details incorrectly as I have tried entering them manually off the cards but I get the same fault and I've tried 6 different cards with all having the same fault 

P.s

I've just tried again and it just skips the authentication screen and says authentication failed try another card or contact the card provider, I've tried other cards I've used those same cards on other websites as I've said and only Virginmedia's system is having an issue 

thanks 

Paul 

Thank you for that information. Can you confirm if you have been able to try different web browsers? & different devices?

^Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Paul,

There have been a few posts cropping up on the forums about issues making payment by card online.

The easy solution is to set up a direct debit, however not everyonewants to use that method.

If you have access to a phone then there is an automated payment line which should save you messing about.

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-make-a-payment 

"You can call our dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777. It’s available to use all day, every day.

Just make sure you have your account number and area reference number to hand. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of your bill."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Let us know if this helps Paul or if you need further support. We are a little limited as to what we can do via the forums in regards to payments as we aren't able to take them via this platform.

Rob

Yes on my laptop, the VM app on my phone and my works computer all have the same outcome, I've managed to pay now on the payment phone line, via the card your system says I can't so it's clearly an issue with the website 

Hi,
Yes I was on Direct debit for years without issue then VM in their wisdom kept moving the payment dates anywhere between the 25th to the 5th of the each month, I have an offshore bank account for tax purposes so transfer money back when I know bills are going out but I might try DD again as it's very very annoying trying to pay via card, but it's only changed this month since the website has changed until now it's been a very easy hassle free process of paying each month

The Direct Debit payment date should only ever move a couple of days backwards and is dependent on weekends and bank holidays as to how much this moves saabmania2. We will feedback in regards to the website but the payment line given previously is always an option.

Rob