cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of your vans left outside my kitchen window.

Your-Vans
Tuning in

One of your vans (YR17 BWG) has been parked right outside my kitchen window for 3 days. It has happened before in March this year when the van wasn't moved for 2 weeks. I don't believe the driver/franchisee lives anywhere near my house. The van is depriving various residents of a convenient parking space and completely ruining our street view. It may be that the van has been stolen and dumped, but I fear the guy has just gone on holiday.

I realise that there is probably no legal recourse available to me, but it is extremely annoying. Do you not provide a secure parking area for your franchisee's vehicles when on holiday? Do you not give any advice as to how to promote a positive image for your company? Can't imagine what Richard Branson would think. I'll start looking up his addresses shortly.

30 REPLIES 30

No problem. I've just sent a message to your CEO. You are no doubt entirely correct on your legal position, but maybe unwise in the face of the pragmatic necessities of business life. Best wishes.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply there @Your-Vans

Once again, we are sorry that you feel that we have not been helpful with your query. We wish you all the best. Please do feel free to keep us posted of the situation. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I totally understand how you feel. We have limited spaces on our street, 10 spaces for 21 houses, most of which have two cars, they have four cars and then his van which makes five van which he parks outside the front of other peoples house. NEVER HIS!! its a joke its horrible, and like somebody said before, it makes you feel boxed in.. plus it other neighbours believe it brings down the value of the street. 

@Fed-UpNeighbour wrote:

I totally understand how you feel. We have limited spaces on our street, 10 spaces for 21 houses, most of which have two cars, they have four cars and then his van which makes five van which he parks outside the front of other peoples house. NEVER HIS!! its a joke its horrible, and like somebody said before, it makes you feel boxed in.. plus it other neighbours believe it brings down the value of the street. 

The problem is there is no infringement of any traffic law. I can park a taxed car/van  wherever I like as long as I obey the local signage.

The one thing that IS controllable is the parking of works vans- local councils can enact a bye law prohibiting commercial vehicles from parking in a street/area. Thats likely your best recourse.

In other news, if a VM tech has got four cars +, can I get a job with em? Even the tax and insurance would cripple most households....

@yourvans

Unless the vehicle has no tax nothing can be done - A vehicle can also park on the street with no MOT and it's only an offence if it's seen being driven. Any Police service will tell you that. That van hasen't had an MOT yet so all is good with it. 

The CEO took 3 weeks to get back to me over an urgent issue - I very much doubt they will break a sweat to deal with a totally legal matter that has nothing to do with them. I also doubt you threatening to not become a customer will worry them in the slightest.

Sorry 

Hello there’s a van parked In front of my window too reg YT17 ZNP ...

it’s blocking my window is this reg one off you’res? 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Jason1234 and welcome to our community.

Is the van on your property to block the window? 

Let us know, Emily.

Hi, 

we have a van parked outside our house now for 7-10 days reg is YS69EPZ, this is parked where no one can see around the corner when turning into the road, 

please can you arrange for this to be moved

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jaz123 wrote:

Hi, 

we have a van parked outside our house now for 7-10 days reg is YS69EPZ, this is parked where no one can see around the corner when turning into the road, 

please can you arrange for this to be moved

Based on the preceding pages of this topic, VM will do nothing more than give words of advice to the van user, via VM's internal processes, as long as the van is not parked illegally or on private property.

If the van is causing an obstruction, or a safety issue, then that is a matter for the police AIUI. The police may possibly deal with some other parking issues but often parking enforcement is now down to your local council, depending on where you live.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jaz123

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I can feed this back to our area field manager but I cannot make any promises unless the van is parked illegally or on private property.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs