cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of your vans left outside my kitchen window.

Your-Vans
Tuning in

One of your vans (YR17 BWG) has been parked right outside my kitchen window for 3 days. It has happened before in March this year when the van wasn't moved for 2 weeks. I don't believe the driver/franchisee lives anywhere near my house. The van is depriving various residents of a convenient parking space and completely ruining our street view. It may be that the van has been stolen and dumped, but I fear the guy has just gone on holiday.

I realise that there is probably no legal recourse available to me, but it is extremely annoying. Do you not provide a secure parking area for your franchisee's vehicles when on holiday? Do you not give any advice as to how to promote a positive image for your company? Can't imagine what Richard Branson would think. I'll start looking up his addresses shortly.

30 REPLIES 30

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

3 days, that's some holiday!

It was 2 weeks last time. Fear it will be this time too, but thanks for the empathy.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Your-Vans

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; we are sorry of one of our vans has parked near your home and this has caused you some inconvenience.

Is the van parked in a private parking space or otherwise breaking any other road laws? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

It isn't parked near my house, it's parked directly outside my kitchen window. It isn't breaking any law other than the one which says commercial companies would do well not to annoy potential customers. Could you just answer my question about what your franchisee's are supposed to do with their vans when on holiday? And could you give me an address for a more responsible member of your customer service team?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Your-Vans

Thanks so much for popping back so quickly - once again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the location of the van.

Our technicians do keep their vans themselves when not working and they can park them anywhere as long as this is not on private property or breaking the highway code. 

I am sorry that you are not happy with our responses here @Your-Vans. I have checked our data base of registration plates and unfortunately the one you have provided is not listed so on this occasion we would be unable to pass on your feedback - I do apologise. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Kate - Much though I appreciate your efforts, I would like you to look at the attached picture. You will see that the van displays both the "cable my streets" logo and the registration plate I have previously described. Would you like to provide an alternative address for me to try to obtain a more helpful response? Or you could just apologise and say you were incorrect in your last reply.IMG_1039.JPG

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the picture - we have checked the database and unfortunately that number plate is not listed, I am sorry. 

As the van is not parked illegally, the technician is more than within his right to park there - we are however sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and your neighbours. 

If you wish, I have popped you a private message so you can provide your full address to us and we can contact the Area Manager to see if he can offer any insight. Please do be advised that this would only be investigated internally and we would not be able to provide you with any results due to the privacy around any individuals involved. 

Please look out for the purple envelope and reply if you wish. Thank you 

Katie

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your Private Message reply @Your-Vans

We shall contact the Area Manager for your region to see if they can assist - however, as mentioned in my previous message, this will be investigated internally and we will not be able to provide you with any results due to the privacy around any individuals involved. 

Of course, you are more than welcome to pop back with any updates if/when you have any. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

So you now admit that the van is one of yours, which you previously denied. I appreciate the need for privacy for your employees/agents, but why on earth don't you supply them with holiday parking for vans bearing your logo? Surely you must have workshop space where they could be stored, or do you charge your drivers for that privilege?