Menu
Charrr96
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old router

Had our router for atleast 10 years+, upon requesting a new router we have been told on numerous occasions that we dont need one besides us paying for a broadband speed we simply do not get. Rang up today and had a diagnostics test which has turned off the entire router and left us with no internet to which we are being told we will have no internet until Thursday and still no new router. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old router

how is it turned off - have they just reset it and changed wifi setting or something else - give more details 

Tony
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM cannot turn off your router. What the can do is disable your circuit, but this is only done in extreme cases usually where there is serious noise ingresss on the circuit. Phone again and ask for an explaination. Although your hub is very old it might just have been noise ingress causing speed problems. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Charrr96
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have a super hub, the traffic and wireless lights are on but the ready light is completely off now, occasionally it flashes but it doesn't stay on... we rang up virgin and they said its due to the diagnostic tests they ran? Reset the router but still nothing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charrr96, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having some issues with your hub and slow speeds, I can appreciate you're keen to get a new one. 

We'd love to help so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

:)

Emma_C - Forum Team