Menu
Ben1993
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old bill

I was with Virgin media years ago but I had to move house and couldn’t get Virgin where I was moving to. I’d told them I was moving and they said there may be a small fee added to my final bill for leaving early (which I accepted).

When it got to the final bill, there was no extra fees added. I have recently found on my credit score that they say I missed 3 payments AFTER I moved house but have never made any effort to contact me regarding any outstanding balance. I don’t know what to do.

It’s been over 4 years since I left Virgin media and my credit score isn’t helping my current situation even though the only negative I have on it is these ‘outstanding payments’

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old bill

Hi Ben1993.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear of the difficulty this has caused you after disconnecting with our services

Can you please advise me if you've been able to obtain any further information on the debt? 

Due to the time frame of the debt - being as you say 4 years old, this may now be in the hands of a debt collection agency, have you been advised if this is the case?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ben1993
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I’ve not heard anything from Virgin Media regarding any outstanding balance. Only came across it by chance when I looked into why my credit score was pretty poor. It says on my credit score that I have missed payments on October, November and December of 2016, but I moved house in the September and I had notified Virgin. My mobile number was still the same (until November just gone), my email address is still the same and I’d mentioned the address I was moving to (as I was enquiring off I could move my account to my new home but they said they don’t provide a service in this area). I’m pretty easy to get in touch with but I’ve not heard anything. Not sure where to go from here though.

thank you for your reply, Ben.

0 Kudos
Ben1993
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry.. as for any more information the only thing I can see is on my credit score they are claiming that I owe them a total of £169. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning Ben1993,

Please give the Collections team a call on 0345 142 4444 and they can go through this further with you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"