cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered deal that pretty sure I wouldn’t be allowed to have

broksonic
Fibre optic

I was offered a deal yesterday saying I could have broadband , TV , Landline and an O2 sim , I declined the offer because I already have a contract with Virgin Mobile . I guess who ever I was chatting to thought I had a sim only contract .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi broksonic,

Thank you for reaching back out, once you get an O2 Sim and have requested a PAC code from us for your existing Virgin Mobile number, once the number comes over this will cancel the Sim only, if this is associated with a Mobile Phone you would still need to continue to pay this.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi broksonic, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your recent experience about a deal you were offered. It's great that you've come back to us in the Community.

We're sorry that you're not confident in the deal that was offered but rest assured we're here to help put your mind at ease. The teams are fully trained to look at any personalised offers that suit you, your needs and your preferences. Many of our newer packages come with an O2 SIM as part of Volt. Some customers choose to have the SIM as an additional number but other Virgin Mobile customers who don't need an additional SIM take it instead of their current plan. 

By this I mean they transfer their number from Virgin Mobile over to O2 by requesting a PAC code from Virgin Mobile and giving it to O2. Once the number transfer is completed, this then ends the allowance part of the package with Virgin Mobile so you can benefit from the O2 SIM deal as part of your wider Virgin Media package. 

This is the same for SIM only customers as well as those who have a handset as the handset and allowance are charged separately thus you can continue paying Virgin Mobile for the handset loan and benefit from the O2 SIM for the allowance. I hope that all explains things further for you. If you do wish to accept any deal you were offered, you can get back in touch with the team by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Keep us posted on what you decide to do and if you have any further queries - you know where we are 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for explaining that to me Kath . Unfortunately I already excepted the other deal I was offered so won’t be able to have the deal with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a 14 day cooling off period don't forget... 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @broksonic,

Thank you for coming back to us about your package query. As @Anonymous advised, you're able to amend or cancel your package within your 14 day cooling off period. 

You can get in touch with our team on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 to amend your package.

Keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you. I will see if I can have my package amended later today.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @broksonic,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how you get on. We're here if you need us. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

No luck as of yet in getting anyone to respond to me on WhatsApp 

Looking for an upgrade?

Chatting to us online is quicker than calling and you may get a better deal.

Ignored on WhatsApp today probably because I want to change my contract in my 14 day limit 

You're now connected to Denis 3.57 pm

We wanted to let you know that we are busier than expected today and as a result you may have to wait for a while to get connected to a member of the team. We are really sorry for any inconvenience and rest assured we are working hard to get to you as quickly as we can. Thank you so much for your understanding. 3.57pm 

No idea what happened to Denis that I was supposed to be connected too . It’s no 7.40 pm so guess no chance of a reply . I can’t use my phone at work only during breaks and obviously at home in evening so not much chance of getting a response.  Not fair saying I’m connected to someone when that person isn’t even there . 

broksonic
Fibre optic

I want to change my contract as I’m still in 14 day limit but getting very totally ignored probably because I want to change my contract. 
You are now connected to Denis this was at 16.57 .  No response whatsoever from Denis or anyone else .