cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer/Deal not honoured

secgve
Joining in

Hi

After a long-running series of back and forth conversations with customer services via WhatsApp and on the phone I finally agreed and settled a deal with a nice agent called Mia in the customer retentions team at around 1515 yesterday.

I informed her that I would like to accept the deal but asked if we could go through the small print the next day because I had to attend a meeting. She agreed that would be possible and that the deal/offer would be honoured when she called me the next day at 3pm.

However, I was never called, and so I tried to speak to the customer retention team, but after having the phone put down on me by one agent, I got through to someone who informed me that the deal will not be honoured.

Can someone please help me get this original deal that I accepted, honoured so that I can stop having to take hours out of my day to just try and renew my cable account? 

Many thanks
Sam

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@secgve wrote:

I informed her that I would like to accept the deal but asked if we could go through the small print the next day because I had to attend a meeting. She agreed that would be possible and that the deal/offer would be honoured when she called me the next day at 3pm.

However, I was never called

Unfortunately for yourself, there's your mistake. VM's promotional deals are very often "of the minute" & Martin Lewis' otherwise excellent advice to "ask the dog and callback" simply doesn't work. The agent shouldn't have advised you it would be honoured - although if you have evidence of that assurance, then it would be a good basis for complaint.

Further, package changes can't be done over this forum - you will very likely end up calling back to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, this wasn't a promotional deal it was purely on the basis that I didn't have the time to be read 'the script' but I would have made time if I was told it had to be a 'yes' then and there

Hi @secgve thanks for getting back to us.

japitts has advised you correctly.  A lot of our offers, particularly from outbound teams are 'on the call' offers.  I can raise complaint on your behalf, to help you get the ball rolling.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @secgve

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R