cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obscene price rises goodbye Virgin.

Koolmacher
Dialled in

Started a chat on the what's app before midday today with virgin my bill is rising £27 per month from May that's an Xtra £270 for the remainder of my contract it's obscene so I'm waiting for someone to get back to me about cancelling the lot I'm not being held hostage to that sort of opportunism it's not like we are paying for excellent customer service or any kind of service for that manner.. 

20 REPLIES 20

unisoft
Well-informed

Good chance they may not get back to you.

Just in case, have an insurance backup plan put into action.

It's easy by letter by recorded delivery and put your account number and name etc in the letter. make sure it gets to them before the date on your price increase and notification of change of T&Cs email/letter. State you are using the Ofcom clause to exit penalty free and refer to the statement about leaving in the email/letter sent by VM. Not a formal letter like a job application so don't worry.

See

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

If they don't answer or disconnect you, the letter is legal evidence as it's sent recorded to their address they state.

Hi Koolmacher,

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to arrange cancellation of your services.

I'm afraid that we are unable to assist with cancellation requests from here - If you would like to cancel your contract, you can use one of the following methods: you can call us on 0345 454 1111, you can send our team a text on 0753 305 1809, or you can write to us at the address in our Terms and Conditions (https://virg.in/legals).

If you do change your mind and decide to stay, we're always here 😊

Beth

I'm in the process now however I'm now being told I have to contact O2 separately to cancel the volt sim despite it being sold to me by Virgin this can't be right? 

I should also say I was initially told (incorrectly) I'd have to pay early termination charges of some £280 I had to point out I had a right to cancel because its virgin who are increasing my bill whilst under contract. 

@Koolmacher wrote:

I should also say I was initially told (incorrectly) I'd have to pay early termination charges of some £280 I had to point out I had a right to cancel because its virgin who are increasing my bill whilst under contract. 

They really should be taken to task over this scare mongering of termination charges. The letter/email sent is honest, so I don't see why the rententions or CS staff can't be. I wonder how many people haven't read it properly and got scared into staying?

Why am I being told that I have to contact O2 separately to cancel the sim part of the Volt package when it was sold to me by Virgin? Can virgin do anything straightforward? 

@Koolmacher wrote:

Why am I being told that I have to contact O2 separately to cancel the sim part of the Volt package when it was sold to me by Virgin? Can virgin do anything straightforward? 

Not sure on that one. It used to be they didn't have access to O2 systems other than create a new SIM request order when it was ordered as part of a VOLT labelled package.

Cancellation is now in with virgin, now I have to contact O2 g to get the volt sim cancelled will be glad when I'm rid of this company as they make everything as difficult as possible. 

spell
Knows their stuff

@

If you do change your mind and decide to stay, we're always here 😊

The emoji says it all