cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTT billing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Final e-bill received last week so paid there and then, cue a few days - another email asking to pay final bill and then 2 paper bills sent to me monday and today (wednesday)

If VM put as much effort into customer service as they do billing they would be unbeatable.

At least my Hub was collected on the day the promised.

No contact required thanks,  just a public announcement 

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with billing.

We want to do our best to help with this and clear confusion. Just to confirm, have you processed cancellation with us to get a final bill? If so how and when was this processed? Did you also get a final bill?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were given 30+ days notice at the end of May for cancellation 4th july.

But that's wasn't straightforward as you replied back with disconnection date around 11th July (yes a week after) so a bill for 5th july - august was created, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a customer for that period so I ignored that.

Soon after another bill was then sent for £50 ish less the new amount you tried to charge, leaving the £6.53 I paid on friday.

So I'm up to date and will not be making any other payments as I was expecting a refund since you bill in advance. 

But yes I've received email stating I'm leaving and I am unable to access parts of my account for the same reason.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know mrkinny. 

We are very sorry that you have now left us and we do hope we can make amends and reconnect in the future. 

Please get it touch if you require any further assistance. 

Nat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Natalie_L maybe you can double check my account, I've mentioned previously I gave notice 30 May for 4July termination, however bill created after supposed leave date - I'm pretty confident I've overpaid (bill created was jul-aug) but I settled it just to be rid.
VM have had enough cash from me over the years, so can you check and see how much credit I am due as my faith in the billing dept is 0

Hi mrkinny, 

Thanks for coming back and updating your thread and I'm sorry to hear that you have left us. 

It may help if I explain the billing process a little more. When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. The bill received would have been just your normal bill. 

Once the services are disconnected, any days or services you've paid for that land after the disconnection date get credited back to the account which then becomes your final bill. Sometimes this means you need to pay but other times it means we owe you a refund so we then send a cheque. 

I've checked things this end today and can see that we will need to discuss things further so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

So advisor tried to help via PM.

According to notes on the system I requested to be disconnected AFTER my 18 month contract thus incurring additional costs, yeah that's not what any sane person would do.

I asked on may 30 to be disconnected, advisor said OK 30 june, I said NO can you make it 4 July as that is to the day of my 18 month contract.

Was agreed but somehow its now 9 July, anything to get a few more sheckles out of their customers.

Sorry MODs I'm taking it to the ombudsman as you clearly dont care

Hi mrkinny, 

We are sorry that we were unable to help further on this one. 

As mentioned in my PM, there are a number of reasons why customers request dates after their minimum terms end such as your new services may not have been starting until then with your new provider or if you were moving then it may have been a later date. Obviously I am not saying this is the case in your case but just explaining why we wouldn't question any date you gave us. 

I'm glad I was able to explain the billing side of things to you though but we wish you the best of luck going forward. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team