Menu
JonH69
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Numerous attempts to resolve incorrect billing issues

Dearest Virgin,

Like so many others on this "community' forum, I would like to speak to someone in the UK (not scripted operatives in India and the Philippines) about incorrect billing and late payment charges. I have tried to sort this through various robot centreS *&# sorry call centres, I have sent 3 messages through the chat system with no response (so a chat system that doesn't chat) and I have tried to email, but Virgin does not allow 2-way communication despite it being 2019 and the age of brand engagement. 

Please when/if someone does call me, I would urge you to fully review the extensive and messy background on my file, which includes my fastest broadband in the country (not) completely breaking down after 3 weeks and a wait of several days for an engineer to appear to provide a replacement hub. Please also note that I agreed to a deal - and indeed it is the only reason I came to Virgin - whereby I pay month by month. Nothing else. Not two months at a time. Month by month. That's month by month. 

Sir Richard, do you have any idea how bad this wing of your empire is? Outsourcing is a key area causing significant reputational damage.

Sincerely, JonH69

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Numerous attempts to resolve incorrect billing issues

Hello JonH69, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced when contacting our customer care team to discuss your bills. 

Our staff in the UK, India and The Philippines are all provided with the same high level training and have access to the same tools so they should be able to assist with any queries you have. 

I appreciate you would like this matter to be looked into right away and I have now sent you a private message so we can assist you further. 

Thanks, 

Dean C 

JonH69
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

May I ask you very nicely to suspend the corporate spiel and arrange for someone in the UK - that's the UK - to call me as I requested. Thank you and standing by for that much awaited call.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

I'm afraid we can't arrange webchats, this is why I have sent you a private message instead. 

Dean C

0 Kudos
JonH69
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

A very important part of marketing is listen to customers.

I asked for someone to call me, yes CALL me. My number is on my account.

Since my last post, and after paying my monthly bill of 35 pounds, as I have done every month, I received a demand for 92 pounds 50. The bill states "your last bill remains unpaid." This was at least 9 hours after the bill had been paid (it's 2019 and systems should talk to each other faster than this). The bill also stated the amount owing from last month was 57 pounds 50!

So here we go, Virgin media, I'm going to make it very easy for you and display what's been paid and when on this 35 POUNDS PER MONTH non-contract deal, and then you can go away and figure how you reach your bizarre billing calculations. 

12 March - 70 pounds broadband installation charge paid 

21 March - broadband installed

2 April - 35 pounds monthly payment paid

30 April - 35 pounds monthly payment paid

30 May - 35 pounds monthly payment paid

28 June - 35 pounds monthly payment paid

I reiterate I did not agree to paying 2 months at a time and why would I on a month by month contract?!

I look forward to you CALL.

JonH69

Bill date: 27th June
£92.50
Payment due: NOW
View & Pay this bill

Action required - your last bill remains unpaid
This bill may seem higher than expected due to an amount owing from last month.
Owing from last month
£57.50
+
Your package
£35.00
+
Usage charges
£0.00
+
Other charges & credits
£0.00
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonH69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community,

I am sorry to hear that you have received a bigger bill and haven't had it explained to you, I am more than happy to call you, however I would first need to clear security so I can get into your for your contact details as you wouldn't wants to put your personal information on a public page.

I will sent you a private chat request shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos
JonH69
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'd be delighted to go through Virgin's ridiculously cumbersome security clearance over the phone. 

Now, would you mind awfully respecting my wishes and speaking to me in a telephone call.

This is becoming frightfully tedious.

Thanking you kindly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonH69,

Thank you for coming back to me,

If you do decide to go ahead and come into a private chat please come back to us.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
JonH69
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Please stop trying to manipulate the conversation channel for your own convenience..

My request on many occasions has been for a telephone call (which is perfectly private) from someone in the UK to resolve a longstanding issues that has wasted a lot of my time and overseas call centres have been unable to fix.

If you're unable to respect the perfectly reasonable wishes of a customer, please cancel my account and consider my last monthly payment, as already shared, my final payment to Virgin.

0 Kudos
JonH69
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Just tried to cancel my Virgin Media.

Can't do that from within my account. No idea why not. You manage any other account online.

With Virgin, you have to call a number, one of those lovely call centres.

Unfortunately the call centre is closed now. In fact, all call centres are closed, even in the Phillippines and India.

One would have thought Virgin would realise people use the weekend to get things sorted. 

Been asked through the annoyingly hip voice message to call back tomorrow - just when everyone is busy with work stuff.

Brilliant.

0 Kudos