Menu
pgw006
Joining in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notice of cancellation

Cheers tony but i have tried calling them and I have spent over two hours waiting, to make things worse someone talks to me then transfers me to another team which never answers.

Its a very scammy way to handle things, if they cant be bothered to answer the phone then I dont see why I should pay them

I dont really care about credit either I will never need to use it

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wait for a forum team member to work through to your post (which may take a few days) to see what help they may offer or alternatively consider:

0) Making Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.

1) Doing as -Tony- suggested and ending the agreement in writing —  Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following add...

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
Diamond Plaza
Daleside Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media)  in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi pgw006, 

Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry for the length of time you've been kept on hold, our teams have been a little busier than usual lately.

Can you let me know whether this would be a cable or mobile account you'd like to cancel?

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
pgw006
Joining in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I managed to sort it out through a friend i have at the nottingham office

thanks for the help everyone

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How odd! I called retentions today and was through within 15 minutes.....
0 Kudos