cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email to verify email address - Virgin Media

Sam_Mc
Joining in

Hi,

I've been trying to register for My Virgin Media having taken out a contract for Broadband on Sunday. My broadband hub is supposed to be delivered this afternoon.

It's saying to refer to the email sent to verify my email address on the 24th January. I did receive an email asking me to verify my email address but not immediately as I should have done when I registered and by the time it did arrive and I clicked on it to verify it, it said the email had now expired and asked me to click the 'send new verification email' link.

I have on multiple days pressed the button for another verification email to be sent but I've not had any emails through. Obviously this is frustrating as it means I currently cannot register for My Virgin Media account and isn't a great first impression!

Please can you look into this and rectify it?

21 REPLIES 21

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sam_Mc,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to read that you have not been able to get the email verification message needed to register your online account. As you have had initial emails it doesn't seem to be a problem with the email address being incorrect. Have you been able to try this on multiple browsers? Have you also checked the junk/spam folders?

The only other thing I can think it might be is that you may need to wait up to 48 hours after your services have been installed and activated before you can register for your online account.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have tried on multiple browsers and checked both my junk/spam folders and haven't received any further verification emails.

I can try and wait 48 hours from today although I'm not sure that will be the issue as it had allowed me to register in terms of a username/password - it was only the verification email that seemed to be the problem. As I say, I have received two verification emails now - one around an hour and a half after I initally registered and another today after I asked for another verification email to be sent (although this only arrived again an hour after I requested one rather than instantly once I clicked). On both occasions, when I have clicked on the link to verify my email, I am being told the link has expired and to request another verification email be sent. However, when I do that, another verification email does not arrive.

Is there an alternative way of registering or any way Virgin can push the verification email through?

Thanks,

Sam

Ok this may need an IT ticket raising to help get it activated.

I'm going to send you a pm so I can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just to update the thread this issue has now been resolved.

Regards

Nathan

Can you raise a ticket for me too? Having the exact same issue but it's a nightmare trying to get anyone on the phone

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey tova15, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I will send you over a private message to take a look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Lovely to hear - thank you for letting me know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

same problem as the two persons in this thread, receiving verification emails too late and they say that the link expired

Good Morning @peatrea123, thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll look into this with you, once data protection has been passed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn