cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not had price increase notification yet.

Derek918
On our wavelength

Been a customer of Virgin since May last year and have been waiting to hear of any increase to my contract, I check my online account and email regularly and definitely not heard yet. Are people still waiting to hear from them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Derek918,

I'll be happy to look into this and check whether or not you are affected. I've sent you over a private message so I can take your details. 

Thanks 😊

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Derek918 

I haven't received any notification yet either. 

Some  customers are being innformed by letter, others by email.

Have you checked your spam/junk folders in case a VM communication has been redirected there as VM weren't on your list of safe senders?

Also log into My Virgin Media and check the contact email address in case it's one you no longer use.

According to Forum Team staff member @Kath_F  <<< here >>> 

"Price rise communication letters are still being sent out and will continue until March 27th. 

Some people are excluded completely so you may not receive any communication. 

Pop back to us after March 27th if you've still not received anything and we can double check things for you"

Hopefully a member of the forum team will pick this up in a day or two and check for you, however you can also contact VM directly to check by calling either 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority. However, it's taking longer at present due to the price rise emails.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Newappolo, Yes I've done all the checks everywhere, spam, junk etc, also my contact details are all up to date too. My eldest son took out a contract same time as me and was notified via email weeks ago that's why I'm waiting to hear. I'll keep looking and hoping for the best 🤞 Thanks for replying.

to find out for sure you can try to

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Hi Derek918, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. Some customers are not affected by the price increase. 

When did you renew the service? 

If you call us on 0345 454 1111 we will be able to confirm things for you. 

Chris. 

Derek918
On our wavelength

Hi Chris, I've not renewed the service. I was a new customer from 20th April 2022 on 18 month contract. My latest bill for 11th April is the same as usual. I was just a bit worried about any increases after that date as I haven't heard anything. I see Newapollo hasn't heard anything either so I'm not alone. I'll just be patient and hope for the best. Thank you.

Hi Derek918,

I'll be happy to look into this and check whether or not you are affected. I've sent you over a private message so I can take your details. 

Thanks 😊

Beth

rob11119551
On our wavelength

I too have heard NOTHING from Virginmedia .

Time is running out now as the 30 day window for cancelling is just around the corner.

Looks like I will have to spend half a day on the phone trying to get answers pretty soon .

snowy1954
Joining in

I have not had notification about the increase as yet

Hi @snowy1954, thank you for your post.

In order to check whether or not you're affected, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel