cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not given what was promised. Worst experience I have ever had.

rayaanW
Tuning in

I took out virgin Media broadband and TV end of Jan this year. I wasnt too happy with the package so thought of going back to hyperoptic + sky. the retention team then gave me a great deal which I then took on for an extra £10 a month. The problem is since that time they have only added one thing out of three things that were promised. 

I had lots of calls with them with some able to see the previous notes with what was promised and others that couldn't. Finally as I then had to move houses I then contacted the moving department that were able to see the notes to see what was promised and they promised that the offer that was given to me will be honoured in the new address. I thought ok ill wait one month, atleast next month Ill get what they promised but no again same as before they charged the extra £10 a month and only offered me one out of the three upgrades promised.

For the last one week I have been in touch with the customer services. They lodged a complaint and said someone will call you in 3 -5 working days. forward it to today and the complaint is marked as resolved but no one called neither have the issue been resolved.

This is the worse experience I have ever had with a company. Can anyone please help I seem to be going around in circles.

Either give me back my original package or honour what you have promised.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rayaanW,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages.

I'm very happy that I was able to assist with your issue and queries. Glad to hear that you're happy with the result and with my assistance.

If there's anything else we can do to help you, please let us know. We're here if you need us.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

rayaanW
Tuning in

I cant even see those complaints anymore seems like someone has actually gone in and deleted them.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rayaanW wrote:

I cant even see those complaints anymore seems like someone has actually gone in and deleted them.

What was the 'resolution' VM offered after the complaint, or don't you know because you can't see it? It is highly likely to be an incomprehensible nonsense reply in any event.

You should make a DSAR requesting all info relating to your offer and your complaint.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

You should do this quickly as VM advises it has a 180 day retention period on phone call recordings.

The next step is to reject the resolution offered by VM and take your complaint to Ombudsman Services for arbitration.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

After rejecting the resolution VM should automatically provide you with a deadlock letter

https://partners.ombudsman-services.org/resources/guidance-notes/eight-week-and-deadlock-letters-com...

but VM's track record for doing this is poor, as reported in topics on here. You will probably have to ask for it. Any refusal or delay to issue a deadlock letter would be an aggravating factor in your complaint to Ombudsman Services.

8 weeks after you formally complained to VM, or when you have your deadlock letter, you can go to Ombudsman Services.

One of the VM forum staff may offer to investigate for you when they reply here within a few days.

Thanks for your reply. The thing is they haven't offered me any resolution. I called the customer services again today and they said they cant see any notes against the complaint aswell but for some reason it has been marked as resolved. The only way I found out that the complaint has been marked as resolved is by going online and checking the status.

I raised another complaint on top of this + the customer service agent also lodged another complaint . It seems the original + the new ones have all been deleted.

I will start with the process recommended. Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have done the DSAR request says will take one month to respond. The VM team has not provided any resolution. I really dont know what to do? Does anyone have an email address of someone higher up I can contact directly?

Thanks.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rayaanW wrote:

Hi,

I have done the DSAR request says will take one month to respond. The VM team has not provided any resolution. I really dont know what to do? Does anyone have an email address of someone higher up I can contact directly?

Thanks.

When did you first submit a formal complaint to VM? If that was more than 8 weeks ago, and VM has not resolved, you can go to Ombudsman Services.

When did you request the DSAR? Two weeks ago, when you first posted, or just recently?

Evidence of the original call recording of what you were offered should form part of your evidence to Ombudsman Services to confirm what you were offered.

If VM fails to provide the DSAR within the 28 days, report the issue to ICO that you have not been able to obtain a DSAR from VM.

https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/contact-us-public/public-advice/

You have not received any response from the VM forum team on this topic, which is disappointing.

Give the VM forum team a couple of days to reply here.

If they do not, speak to Ombudsman Services direct for advice on how to proceed with a case against VM.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rayaanW,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our services and with the complaints process.

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what I can do to help. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rayaanW,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages.

I'm very happy that I was able to assist with your issue and queries. Glad to hear that you're happy with the result and with my assistance.

If there's anything else we can do to help you, please let us know. We're here if you need us.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team