Menu
kaz13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a happy cusomer

I'm out of my broadband contract and was looking to get a deal, I'm on vivid 50 and the new customer deal for vivid 100 is £27, I'm paying £35 for less so I asked if I could get a deal and was told basically only I I take a tv bundle, I don't want tv. I was offered £42 for the same as I have now vivid 50. It doesn't pay to be loyal nowadays as I have to leave virgin for 30 days then I can get the £27 deal. This is unfair and as I also have a mobile that's now out of contract if I swap my broadband I will swap my mobile contract to as I'm obviously not a valued customer. Sad but true.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not a happy cusomer

Loyal customers pay the true cost of the service, & this is the case with all utilities.

In the telecoms sector particularly, the regulatory framework is geared at encouraging customers to switch provider. It may not be what you want to hear but OFCOM's job amongst other things is prove competition in the market is working, & exclusive new customer deals do just that. So while the regulators pay lip service to us loyal customers, they really don't have any incentive to help us get better deals.

By the way, if you leave Virgin the minimum period to qualify for new customer deals is 3 months, & even then is at the discretion of whoever happens to take the call. You are only a new customer once. After that you are a "returning customer".

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kaz13,
Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 
New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 
The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible 🙂
Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Trump666
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree loyalty counts for nothing what a joke virgin are they should be ashamed at least sky are trying with there loyalty scheme so i am off too try them

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'loyalty counts for nothing'

you just left to go to sky. as you leave others join. customers stay because it suits them/can't be bothered to move/price is ok. no loyalty from any customer.

'at least sky are trying with there loyalty scheme'

what a raffle to win tickets along with many hundreds of thousands of others. after 15 years, you get a special phone number to ring when things go wrong.

i think many were hoping for big discounts, any discount of note. that of course won't happen. a free movie that has been shown dozens of times or possible entry to a midlands fashion show isn't what i would call loyalty from anyone.

neither customer or company show any 'loyalty' they are all out to get what is best for themselves.
kaz13
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, You said that I'd have to wait 3 months to be a returning customer but virgin customer service told me yesterday I'd only have to wait 30 days so I'm glad you told me as I was thinking about just using mobile data for a month but 3 months is too long, Just shows you how inept some of the people giving out information are. 

0 Kudos