Menu
Highlighted
michaelleon94
Joining in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Not Received Refer A Friend Credit

Hello and good morning,

i was referred  to Virgin Media by a friend at the start of the year and then followed up by having my services installed on the 13th of January. I did not receive my refer a friend credit on my first bill so I thought it would be the following months bill.

Now looking at my bill for this month due on the 17th I am still yet to receive any credit from being referred. 

I have all emails showing i was referred and that it shows on my order when choosing my broadband package that the Credit was added but nothing actually got added to my account, I have tried using online chat to sort this quicker however the system does not work for me as I keep getting an error message saying all Agents are busy.

Hope this can be resolved quickly as I am very impressed with my internet as of now! 

Kind Regards,

Michael.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not Received Refer A Friend Credit

hiya @michaelleon94 it takes about 5+ days at the moment to get reply from the forum admin team, and they'll be able to pass your details onto appropriate dept via exception form to find out what happened and apply credit where need be.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @michaelleon94 it takes about 5+ days at the moment to get reply from the forum admin team, and they'll be able to pass your details onto appropriate dept via exception form to find out what happened and apply credit where need be.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
dallydog
Joining in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem.  I was referred by my father-in-law back in December and after checking with him yesterday to see if he'd been credited with £50, neither of us have.

I understand that the credit would appear after the first bill, which I received on 1st February.

Can someone please advise when the £50 credit for both myself & my father-in-law will be received?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's, in your case you, details via this page here: Refer A Friend

This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Checking your account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred. Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pit81
Joining in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same problem. I referred a friend through Refer a friend link and on 26th November I got the email confirming the referral. My friend said that he clicked on activation link to join the Virgin Media. I was waiting 28 days period after installation and additional 14 days Customer satisfaction guarantee. I was expecting the credit to be added with February bill but nothing happened. I already got March bill few days ago and still no credit  added. My friend said the same. Any chance to resolve this issue? Cheers Aurelia.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hey pit81 and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still waiting on your refer a friend credit. I'd like to look into this for you so I'll drop you a private message for more info shortly. Just click the small envelope icon to the top right.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ambergrush
Joining in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue and have been hung up on and disconnected from chat by VM - I need to speak to someone for more than 2 minutes!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hey pit81,

Just wondering if you still need help with this? If so please get back to me with the information requested in my private message.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mamande4
Joining in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am in the same situation. I was referred by someone and we did not receive our credit. What can we do to resolve this?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your post a big welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad

I can see that since posting, you have spoken to the team via our helpline and they have gotten things resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos