cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nominate someone to speak on my behalf

Colin52
Tuning in

My hearing is extremely poor so when i need to call VM i have difficulty getting across what i need. Usually i get my daughter to ring VM for me but she doesn't live at my address. Does anyone know in there is a way i can give permission (Preferably by email) for her to speak on my behalf when i contact VM or when VM want to contact me.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have no email C/S route.

They do allow third party authority for telephone-C/S. If the caller knows the account-holder's name and details, and can quote the password, that gives them access to the vast majority of transactions.

Not account renewals or cancellations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry jappitts
Sorry i thought i had replied to your post yesterday but i can't see it so i do not know what i did.

In answer to your answer every time my daughter contacts VM on my behalf even with all my details they ask to speak to me just so i can verbally give permission for her to talk on my behalf. As she does not live with me and because of the Covid (i am classed as venerable so have to stay sheltered she cannot come here to me) it is difficult to give my permission, it would be a lot easier to give VM a letter/email giving her permission to speak for me in future.
Thanks for replying to my post, much appreciated

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your daughter is following the third party authority process, there shouldn't be any need for the agent to speak to you.

Without needing to post specifics, what are the queries that she's calling about? If they're package or contract related, that could be another reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi jappitts
She contacted them this time because, my original contract finished a while ago so i am on a rolling contract which has been going steadily up, so she contacted VM to query this, they were very good and have lowered my monthly bill.

thanks jappitts

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Colin52

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear yourself and your daughter have experienced issues when contacting the team. 

When speaking to us, a third party can quote the characters from the password on the account and this will enable them to speak to us on your behalf. 

Once the security measures have been passed, we should not need to speak to yourself so I am sorry if that has happened in the past. If this happens again, please ask your daughter to confirm that you have difficulty hearing on the phone which is why she is contacting us. 

If you have any problems, please do reach out to me and I will be happy to assist. 

Nat 

Nat