cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No services while waiting for home move

EHumph
Joining in

Hi,

I have had my installation date cancelled at very short notice, I have just moved home. The new date I have been offered I am unavailable so have changed the appointment. I have been giving conflicting advice about what will happen now in terms of charges. Will I be billed while I have no services from the previous contract? Also when does the new contract commence and payments be required? It is now going to be a significant period of time until I can have an installation due to the short notice cancellation.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EHumph, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am really sorry to hear of what has happened here and the experience that comes with this. You are billed from when the service goes live, which would be when this is installed and completed. I can see that you've been in touch with our team over the phone who has confirmed the relevant information. I apologise again for this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your response. 

I have been in touch with your team but to be perfectly honest I have received so much contradictory information about this installation I am left very confused as to where I am now with you. 

Your response doesn't cover what will happen with my old contract from the previous property. I would assume I am actually owed money as during last months billing period I used my services for approximately 7-8 days before moving out. The bill on my account section doesn't reflect this and says I will be billed the full amount on my next bill for July 18-Aug 17 (when I will have no services at all and am no longer in the previous property anyway). When I spoke with the team earlier I was told I would not be billed and things will be readjusted but that definitely has not happened according to my account information for the previous property. The account information is also very confused, I have several different contracts listed on my account (I assume these are for the dates when my new installation has been cancelled?)

I have spent numerous hours on the phone about this installation and have got no further forward with any of it. The sudden cancellation yesterday has also led to me taking unnecessary time off work to be in for the installation. When I asked about cancelling my virgin altogether I was told I would be required to pay a cancellation fee. I think this is completely unacceptable given the numerous mix ups that have happened in this situation. 

Could you please advise. 

Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No, it's fine - don't worry, I can understand where you're coming from. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm the statuses of the accounts with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.