cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No services to my property

Silervlungs
Joining in

So for over a week i have had no Broadband, phone or TV. After being told three different reasons a technician came out and said it was an issue with the cable on the main road. I was told i would be booked in for the day after but this never happened. Now I’ve been told another two weeks of total blackout . Two questions:

Should i only get the minimum compensation per day even though its all my services.

I'm also being told i still have to give 30 days notice is this true and I can’t get another provider until my 30 days is up! 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Silervlungs wrote:

So for over a week i have had no Broadband, phone or TV. After being told three different reasons a technician came out and said it was an issue with the cable on the main road. I was told i would be booked in for the day after but this never happened. Now I’ve been told another two weeks of total blackout . Two questions:

Should i only get the minimum compensation per day even though its all my services.

I'm also being told i still have to give 30 days notice is this true and I can’t get another provider until my 30 days is up! 

Compensation scheme allows VM 2 clear working days to fix any fault before it cuts in

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

once that has passed you get an initial payment of £8.40 for the first few days of the outage (the payment trigger time) and then £8.40 per full calendar day until fixed. It is the same rate if it is phone or broadband or both services out of use. VM should credit you any compensation due within 30 days of you being reconnected.

Are you in a 'minimum term' agreement with VM at the moment?

While waiting, you could consider getting a 4G/5G SIM/mobile/data/hotspot on a rolling monthly contract to give you some basic connectivity while you wait.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Sliverlungs, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about the recent problems.

As mentioned above by goslow this our compensation guarantee. 

Please do let me know if you need anything else answering. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?