cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service disconnection confirmation

dnmouskovias
Tuning in

@virginmedia I called virgin and spoke to the retention team on the 3rd of March and requested for cancellation due to the increasing price rises providing 30 days notice. I also wrote a letter notifying a 4th April disconnection date and have not had confirmation as requested. I just received my bill and it makes no mention of a disconnection which is why I am a little concerned as well!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I do not see anything in MyVirginMedia.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@dnmouskovias wrote:

@virginmedia I called virgin and spoke to the retention team on the 3rd of March and requested for cancellation due to the increasing price rises providing 30 days notice. I also wrote a letter notifying a 4th April disconnection date and have not had confirmation as requested. I just received my bill and it makes no mention of a disconnection which is why I am a little concerned as well!

Have you looked in 'My Virgin Media' (orders and appointments) and checked for a pending 'order' on your account (which could be your disconnection)? I had one when I left VM but VM isn't consistent in this, it seems, so you may not see one.

If not, you will need to wait for the VM forum staff to check for you when they reply here within a few days.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I do not see anything in MyVirginMedia.

@dnmouskovias wrote:

Hopefully you sent your cancellation letter via a signed-for service with an acknowledgement of delivery.

If you need to, you can also request a DSAR for the call recording when you phoned to cancel as well as account notes etc.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

One of the VM forum staff will reply here within a few days and may offer to help.

I did use a signed for Postal Service and I have acknowledgement that it was received and signed for.

It would be very much appreciated if someone from virgin would be courteous enough to get back in touch with me and confirm that my disconnection will take place on the 4th of April as requested in writing and verbally over the phone as I have had no confirmation back from virgin to confirm that this is going ahead.

Thanks

Hello dnmouskovias

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We don't send conformation of disconnection dates to customers, we're happy to look into this further for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details form you.

Thanks

Rob

@virgin Please get in touch with me as soon as possible today to discuss my on-going issue with the disconnection date. Thanks 

Are you happy with the resolution offered via Private Message?

Rob

100% Rob, thanks again!