cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No return kit and no collection.

holydevotee
Joining in

Hello VM,

I am not in the UK and so are no longer able to return the Virgin Media kit due to failure by your team to collect it despite me constantly updating and waiting.

Here’s the timeline (not in chronological order):

1) 21/6

The day the broadband contract ended and I was promised a return package would arrive on this date but the only that happened was my WiFi is terminated.

2) 26/6 

I waited until this date yet no return package arrived. I informed your team a month away from this date (end of May) that I am flying back to my country and so will not be able to return it if no one comes to collect it or if I do not receive any return package. I had to fly back on this date.

3) 23/6

As I was afraid that VM will fail to send any return package, I have requested (via VM WhatsApp) for my kit to be collected from my friend’s address at the preferred date of 29/6 instead 

Reference ID:

131722_2015

4) 29/6

Neither my friend nor me myself received any text message or a phone call from Virgin Media regarding collection. So, again, I had to contact VM WhatsApp AND apparently I had to also update the exact same address.

Reference ID: 51872_17298

This is what your agent said:

” (my name) I am really sorry this has not been though not t worry I will get this updated and your equipment will be collected within next 72 hours.”

Surprise, surprise, no collection took place.

4)  4/7

I received an email titled “Returning your Virgin Media equipment” and it said about a return package is on its way to my address in 2 weeks. I find this very insulting since I thought I’ve done everything that I could to ensure your team could pick up my kit despite being promised that a return package would arrive the day my broadband services would be terminated.

I reported this again to VM via WhatsApp and this time your agent refused to give me a reference ID and insulted me even more by saying a return package will be delivered within two weeks when I specifically said that I am not in the UK and so will my friend because he will have to move out of  UK after graduating in a few days. 

I read a lot of threads in this forum saying that they received a fine from Virgin Media although it was Virgin Media’s fault for failing to send the return package despite multiple orders and for failing to send a person to collect the kit to the extent that it was impossible for the kit to be returned because these people are no longer in the UK. 

Please can you reassure me that I will not be charged for not returning the kit when it’s not even my fault that I could not return it.

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @holydevotee 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your returns equipment, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused along with your move! 

Can I just check, did the agent say they had ordered the returns equipment to your friends address? Have you also been able to request the packaging online yourself here?

Does your friend still have the equipment to return? 

Thank you. 

Hello.

Prior to moving out I already called Virgin Media and they said there is no need to order the returns equipment since an engineer(?) will pick it up for me.

Same goes for my friend's address, because they told me someone will pick it up AND will contact both of us, I was told that there is no need to re-order a returns package if it didn't arrive.

My friend still has the Hub 3 however like I have mentioned, he's already moving out in a few days (if not tomorrow I don't remember exactly when) since he is already graduating. I told him VM will come and collect it on 29/6 and waited for a few days at home and I don't want bother him further since he already waited for so long. All of the agents (WhatsApp) told me I do not need to worry if I receive any correspondence, but I am just afraid if I will be charged the 'non-returning' penalty. I could've returned it sooner if Virgin Media sent me the package even before the contract ended because I've already told them about my flight a month before service termination.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @holydevotee 

You or your friend can do the following - Go to this page https://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin 

Scroll down and click on create new label. Where it says customer reference number either enter your   Virgin Media account number, or the serial number of the equipment being returned. Then enter your email address, and click on email me my new label and follow the instructions

You can find your local Collect Plus point here store-locator  The shopkeeper will scan your parcel and give you a receipt with a unique reference code - keep this handy as proof - and don't forget to include a covering letter with your equipment with your name and account number.

The return kits are scanned into VM systems in bulk so it may take a while for your account to be updated to indicate the equipment has been returned, and in the meantime you will probably still receive emails asking to return the kit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

A big thank you to @newapollo for their help and guidance here.

Are you and your friend able to return the box this way instead? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh.

Unfortunately, no. I was told that his flight is in two days and he does not have the time to do this.

It’s really disappointing when I was promised that the collection process would be smooth and yet I am now advised to return it in a different way. 

There is no system to track the return package, contact the person in charge and not a single agent bothered to check the reference IDs which resulted in me having to update the new collection address (same one) for 3 times, making me think that no update has taken place.

I really need an assurance that I will not receive any bill for something that is not my fault.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @holydevotee,

Thanks for explaining everything to me.

Please can you tell me if anyone would be able to send it on their behalf? A friend or family member perhaps?

We can arrange a new collection date, but we would need to do this for when someone is in the property.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am not entirely sure if someone else is at his house but if you could arrange the collection very soon (if possible tomorrow) I would be more than happy to give you his address along with his contact details and see if I could have someone else to be at property.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @holydevotee,

Thanks for responding.

I will send you a private message now, so I can get something arranged for you.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right of the page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide