Menu
chillipalmer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No refer a friend bonus

After referring a friend who joined in January 200mb fibre, neither of us received our bonus. She had a problem clicking through on the email but was assured on the phone that we would receive the bonus. Not impressed even after complaining via phone. Will never refer anyone else and will be switching next month when contract is up even though happy with the broadband.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No refer a friend bonus

If order was processed via the phone might be no link between friends account so wouldn’t get the £50 credit, could raise issue as.a complaint by calling back

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi chillipalmer

Sorry to hear the RAF offer didn't update for you.

If this was noted by the sales operator who spoke to your friend they should be able to look into this for you both.

Via the forums or phone only you would be able to look into this due to security reasons but the teams can note your friends account so they should have no issues getting this sorted once they find the RAF deal notes.

Have your friends name and account address ready for the forum team to investigate when they pop back and PM you for security and personal details.

Best of luck.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
chillipalmer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice but I never heard from them so have cancelled and will give Vodafone a try.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chillipalmer. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you had an issue with your refer a friend credit and have since decided to leave us. 

Our refer a friend process is usually online only here. If it was done over the phone then you wouldn't have been eligible for the refer a friend credit. 

We can have a closer look though if you change your mind, let us know and we can pop you a PM.  

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
chillipalmer
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks anyway Emma, but my mind is made up. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that. 

I wish you all the best with your new provider 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos