cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No received price rise letter 2023

jammby78
Tuning in

Hi, wonder if someone could confirm if I will be receiving a price rise confirmation letter. I've been with virginmedia for a long time, last recontacted 10/11/21 on an 18 month contract that expires on 09/06/23. My current contact has listed 'Mix bundle offer - 18 months saving ends on 09 May 2023' with a monthly CR of £21 applied. 

I'm hoping with the recent price increases announced to be able to exercise my right to leave within 30 days of confirmation letter / email.  Its been a while now since the price increase amount has been announced publicly but I still haven't had my own personal confirmation. I was expecting this to say how much the price increase would have on my £69 monthly subscription once my discount period comes to an end. 

Should I still be getting confirmation of this price rise all be it not actually effecting my monthly cost until the 18m contract is up ?

Many thanks in advance  

11 REPLIES 11

jammby78
Tuning in
Am I deemed as an 'Impacted customer' (taking the term from another response i've seen to a similar question) on my contract terms and conditions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jammby78 

The price rises are being phased to start on either April 1st, or to start on May 1st. 

You should receive an email which will explain if you are due to pay the increase and if so what date it will start. If you are due to pay the increased pricing then you have 30 days from receipt of the communication to cancel without any early termination fee.

Log into My Virgin Media and check that VM have the correct communication email address for you. If they haven't then you can change it there.

You should also check your spam/junk emails as the email may have been directed there by your spam filters (unless you marked VM as a safe sender.)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi jammby78,

You will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the service(s) you have.

^Martin

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi jammby78,

You will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the service(s) you have.

^Martin

I am in a similar position to the original poster. When should we expect such letters by?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Blitzbok,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and query,

Customers will only receive one price change in 2023 for their cable services. As we have done in previous years, we are phasing our price rise across two months which ensures we can best serve customers during this period. 

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication, but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. Their communication from us will explain this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @Blitzbok,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and query,

Customers will only receive one price change in 2023 for their cable services. As we have done in previous years, we are phasing our price rise across two months which ensures we can best serve customers during this period. 

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication, but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. Their communication from us will explain this.

Thank you.

Thank you for getting back to me, but you haven't answered my question. When should we expect to receive such communication of a price increase by (if we are due an increase)? March, April or May 2023?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response,

Many customers will of ours start to receive letters and emails from the end of Jaunary and onwards . There will be a Right To Cancel for all impacted customers, who can choose to cancel the contract within 30 days from receipt of the communication. 

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain,

I have the same issue/question as the OP.

Is this actually going to be a letter? Like royal mail letter? or an email?

Your customer service has already confirmed that my contract is going up by £15. I'm paying £44pcm right now so that's a 30% increase for me. I know this for a fact  because you told me over the phone. So I don't understand why you won't let affecting customers to cancel, since all customers are affect by your new price increase policy, and we have to wait for a letter or an email. 

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

The price rise communications are being released in two phases. The second phase of Impacted customers will receive their communications via email or letter from now until 27 March.

There will be a Right To Cancel for all impacted customers, who can choose to cancel their contract within 30 days from receipt of their communication. Customers will not incur early disconnection fees if requesting their cancellation within this 30 day period.

Alex_Rm