Menu
Scott_W
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No quick start delivery

Good day all.

I recently ordered an upgrade online, for which I chose the quick start method. I selected to collect the parcel from a local collection point as I am unable to be at home all day this week.

The order went through fine, and I received a confirmation stating that it was due to arrive on Monday. It also said that I would receive a code to allow for collection. The trouble is I have heard nothing since. I have checked with the collection point who confirm nothing has been received.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No quick start delivery

I haven't had this issue my self. But it might be worth logging on the 'My Virgin Media' and see if you can track the order, it might provide a bit of info, as to where it is (or isn't). If it's the V6 your are waiting for, if it's any help, it's well worth getting, a vast improvement. 

0 Kudos
Scott_W
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Nick. That's good to hear about the V6, my old TiVo is starting to show it's age now.

I have just checked the orders page in my account, and nothing is showing there. I think I may phone when I get home now.

0 Kudos
Scott_W
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, after nearly 30 minutes on hold to the helpline I am really not happy.

I was told that my upgrade was cancelled because I had a TiVo box so was not eligible for the offer of a free V6 upgrade which I received through my account page on the website, unless I wanted to pay nearly £30 a month above what I was quoted. Why even offer an upgrade to existing TiVo customers if there is no intention of allowing it? At the very least, why wasn't I informed that it was not being processed?

Never had a problem with Virgin before, but now seriously considering cancelling my services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott_W, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear about your recent experience. 

To upgrade to a new V6 box, it shouldn't cost anything extra per month. The only thing you would pay for is the box. If you had the TiVo® for free then there may be an extra monthly charge of £5 but certainly not £30 unless a promotional discount is due to expire. 

Speak to the team once more to see what's happening. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Scott_W
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kath_F,

I have followed your advice and just had another chat.

I have now ordered the V6 bundle I originally wanted, with a discount for the first 6 months. It's all due to be delivered on Thursday. I'm definitely happy with that!

Thanks again for your help.

Scott

0 Kudos