Menu
Pooletown
Just joined
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No packaging sent to return my equipment - threatning text from Virgin

I've had my service cancelled for awhile now and I need to send the equipment back to VM; I was told that prepaid packaging would be sent out to me within a few days, nothing has arrived.  I've now received a text saying I could be charged for not returning my equipment.   How can I return it without receiving these bags?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No packaging sent to return my equipment - threatning text from Virgin

Hi Pooletown, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community Smiley Happy

The packaging is usually sent our 24 hours after the account the disconnects, then you would need to allow 10 working days for to reach you.

Can you confirm if this time frame has  passed?

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

see these "please allow x days for it to reach you". do you just pluck the number out of thin air?
reason i ask is that you've said 10 days for packaging to be delivered and elsewhere someone said 14 days for free promotional items like echo dot to be delivered.

what delivery company are using that takes 10-14 days to deliver something? even royal mail 2nd class doesn't take 10 days to delivery something.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message chenks, 

These would be two completely different things.

The hardware that's posted would be sent by a different company and they have different timescales for their delivery.

The returns packaging would be sent by Royal Mail, and the " Up to 10 working days" would be the standard time frame for second class post. 

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks for your message chenks, 

These would be two completely different things.

The hardware that's posted would be sent by a different company and they have different timescales for their delivery.

The returns packaging would be sent by Royal Mail, and the " Up to 10 working days" would be the standard time frame for second class post. 

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

are you sure about that?
quote from the royal mail website

"2nd Class items are delivered in two to three working days. We aim to deliver 98% of 2nd Class items within three working days of posting."

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We advise to allow up to 10 working days for delivery as an item cannot be considered lost until after 10 working days, as per the Royal Mail website.

If this time frame has passed we can then look to reorder it.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it's actually "10 working days after the due date".
but if the receiver doesn't know the due date (because you don't tell them that) then how can they know if 10 working days has passed or not.

you should be more transparent and stop hiding behind dates that are mostly meaningless to the receiver.
start using properly tracked delivery methods that actually inform the receiver when something has been shipped. at least they then know if it actually has been shipped or not.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your feedback chenks. 

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Pooletown wrote:

I've had my service cancelled for awhile now and I need to send the equipment back to VM; I was told that prepaid packaging would be sent out to me within a few days, nothing has arrived.  I've now received a text saying I could be charged for not returning my equipment.   How can I return it without receiving these bags?

I believe you can also drop it off in your local VM high street store (take all paperwork !).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos