Menu
navafzal
Tuning in
Message 41 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

Loyalty is good,......

But only to your other halves.

Big companies like VM, BT, Sky etc are after your money, they are running a business. Its your job to look after your pennies, not theirs.

I religiously chop and change providers, insurers, etc to find the best value for money deal for myself. Loyalty costs you money. And why stay loyal to a company who is happy to entice a new customer, as opposed to looking after the existing (they are all like that to be honest, not just VM).

I managed to get The VIP bundle, with the Asian mela package, for £73 as a new customer in Dec, Virgin also offered to foot the cost of my cancellation with my previous provider for £120, and I earned £160 cashback as a new customer from a cashback website which most likely would be subsided by VM.

You can bet your bottom dollar, I will be changing come Nov/Dec time.

luna_s
Tuning in
Message 42 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I've been with virgin since the comcast days...

Just tried to cancel my landline as I have no use for it now I don't even have a socket to plug a phone in. Now the bill is split £46.30 (vivid 200) for broadband and £19 for the phone - the CSA told me I would only save 3 quid if I cancelled the landline - how does that even work ? ? Especially when VM are doing broadband only deals for less.

I've just recently cancelled my VM Mobile contract due to price hikes - I can see me cancelling my VM and getting my housemate to sign up for BB only

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 64
Flag for a moderator

You’re not alone everyone seems to be getting cheesed off with VM. It’s ridiculous.

i will always ask for a better deal and should everyone else. Sky and other companies are more than happy to take customers if they continue to treat they the way they are.

0 Kudos
luna_s
Tuning in
Message 44 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I would go elsewhere but VM pretty much have me over a barrel - I won't touch any of the alternatives

Had a similar situation at work, we have a VM Business leased line and we have been with them for 7 years. I got a quote from another company that is a VM reseller for 1k less and VM wouldn't price match...

Are VM just trying to put themselves out of business ?

Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I think that is one of the issues VM have customers over a barrel for whatever reason. At the end of the day it’ll be their loss if people continue leaving due to not receiving the same discounts as new customers 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 46 of 64
Flag for a moderator

@luna_s wrote:

Just tried to cancel my landline as I have no use for it now I don't even have a socket to plug a phone in. Now the bill is split £46.30 (vivid 200) for broadband and £19 for the phone - the CSA told me I would only save 3 quid if I cancelled the landline - how does that even work ? ? Especially when VM are doing broadband only deals for less.

I've just recently cancelled my VM Mobile contract due to price hikes - I can see me cancelling my VM and getting my housemate to sign up for BB only

Bundle discounts is the answer to that one. No bundle no discount. You’d get the BB for £42 if I remember the right price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 47 of 64
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya wrote:

@luna_s wrote:

Bundle discounts is the answer to that one. No bundle no discount. You’d get the BB for £42 if I remember the right price.

Full price of BB200 on its own is £45

Full price of BB200 + Talk Weekends phone is £52

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Coppola
Settling in
Message 48 of 64
Flag for a moderator

My virgin down at present,  on call to them asked about my bill, as it went up told loyalty gone and its going up again so I will be paying £9 extra.

On trying to speak to them they said loyalty gone... it's only new customers rubbish

I have been with them about 14 years.. and they not interested.

Since my service down thought. Maybe best just to leave and go another provider... told about 40mins waiting time that department. I said OK I will wait. After a minute they hung up.

0 Kudos
Smokey1159
Joining in
Message 49 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Right on Virgin media treat customers all the same old or existing like **bleep**e..

0 Kudos
gerrygg
Joining in
Message 50 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I just recently was informed of another annual price increase for Sept. Since I joined from NTL in 2011 my monthly cost has risen annually from £72 to £130 (almost doubling). Whilst new customers are being offered an enhanced package for £65! There is no such thing as customer loyalty. You must be prepared to leave! I actually have reluctantly renewed my annual contract at £111.5. This was after a lot of "bargaining" with the off shore customer service which took over 45 minutes of my time once I had managed to get through.The first call lasting over 45 mins listening to piped music before hanging up and then, in desperation travelling to the Virgin Media shop in Brighton only to be told that they cant help and the second going through every detail of my package and comparative competitive BT quotes in an attempt to reduce the price which fell on deaf ears. With the repetitive broken record response of  "only available to new customers". I feel badly let down by Virgin and their customer service is appalling. I plan to ensure that I have taken earlier steps prior to my contract renewal, so that I have full opportunity to walk away because that is the only message Virgin understands

0 Kudos