Menu
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 21 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

'They are ONLY INTERESTED IN THE MONEY !!!!, NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY!!!'

of course they are interested in the money. companies are there to make money. first and foremost that is what they are there for.

i've said many times no customer is loyal. they stay because it suits themselves to stay be it the price and or customer service. a customer that wants to move because of the price is doing so to stay loyal to their wallet not the company.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty is also staying with a brand no matter what. Are you loyal to a sports team if you only support them when they are winning.

What you are looking for is a disloyalty offer. The offer to make you stay because you are not a loyal customer

loyalDictionary result for loyal
/ˈlɔɪəl/Submit
adjective
giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.

loyal
Dictionary result for loyal
/ˈlɔɪəl/
adjective
giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 23 of 64
Flag for a moderator

We actually left Virgin in October last year mainly because we were never offered anything. People used to post  frequently on here of various offers half price sky movies, sports etc but even though we had these as part of our £96 a month xl package, never got a discount of any kind.

We now have bttv and now TV and haven't missed Virgin at all, in fact we have gained by having sky Atlantic and AMC for a lot less than we paid virgin. Also since BT and now TV have struck a deal to work together,are looking forward  to a brighter future.

davieq
Tuning in
Message 24 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I am looking at moving over to BTtv myself , with the sky sports package

I am tied in to Virgin till June 19 after which I can leave without a cancellation cost.

I myself was over £95  per month ,with XL tv + sky sports , basic telephone ( I never use) and 200Mbps Broadband

Called Virgin and only way I got a reduction without changing Contract was to reduce my Broadband to 100Mbps ,taking package down to £83

Can you tell me what package / price is BT?

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 25 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davieq

We are on entertainment plus package @ £10.50 but use Nowtv for sports, movies and their sky channels.

We were fortunate to have an offer  of all the sky sports channels from nowtv at £159 for 10 months. Since then we   also have had movies on offer at £4 per month. Picture from both systems are better than we had from virgin. This is from someone who was a virgin customer since 1996

Hope that helps

davieq
Tuning in
Message 26 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that

Is Broadband included ?

I will look into this setup, seems good

PS I also been with NTL / Virgin since 1990

0 Kudos
davieq
Tuning in
Message 27 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Yes I spoke with Virgin

The offer to reduce the price ,was to downgrade my Broadband from 200Mbps to 100Mbps,keeping the same contract end date

I had to stay with XL so as to keep sky sports ,which is what I mainly watch, don't need the XL as its just full of the same channels,but in HD and +1,useless

So reluctantly reduced my Broadband and will look into other suppliers offers ,in the premise of changing in June as I will not be paying Virgin a cancellation fee, more money

Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 28 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Apcyberax....I agree with you that no company is obliged to offer a loyalty deal and their only mission in life is to make as much money as possible.

However, what I object to is that VM should be consistant in what it offers. Why should it only offer discounts to those who shout the loudest? Either offer loyalty discounts or don’t.  

VM obviously knows this inconsistent practice offends customers but couldn’t care less - that is what really offends.

Oh, and don’t just glibly comment  - why dont you leave then - that is a cop out.

buzz10
Joining in
Message 29 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem I have just retired so have had to tighten up my budget considerably I pay £48 a month for 100mb and free weekend calls ,I rang to ask if they would consider reducing my bill and was told they could take £2 off ,I thought this was an insult and was wondering why they couldn’t match the new customer cost of £27 for 50 mb the lady I spoke to didn’t want to know ,so I had to cancel my contract .i am amazed they are willing to let £27 a month go when they can have it .its better than nothing surely.very strange ,I hope the retention team ring me with a better offer as I don’t really want to leave.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 30 of 64
Flag for a moderator

'Why should it only offer discounts to those who shout the loudest?'

it's business. if i went round and sold a choc ice for 1 pound each, the customer pays 1 pound. if another customer says they can only afford 90pence, as long as i am still making a profit i will sell it to them for 90pence. a homeless guy tells me he hasn't eaten for 3 days and begs me for an ice cream but can only afford 55pence and i'm still making 5 pence, i sell it to him. i have made 3 sales with profit, have 3 happy customers all paying different amounts. the whole industry works like that be it sky, insurance, virgin etc.
0 Kudos