Menu
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

I reckon that every Virgin customer who has been with them for a long time is fed up with its customer service and no regard for loyalty. I have been with therm since Telewest days and pay £80 a month for tv, broadband and phone on a bundle. But that is just the medium service which doesn't allow me to receive most of the HD channels and only weekend free telephone calls. A lot of the sport has now gone pay to view and the main channels are full of repeats and movies which range between 75 years old and complete rubbish. Virgin spends millions of pounds on tv advertising and sending existing customers mailshots offering fantastic deals - to NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. I appreciate they need to attract new business but why not offer some incentives to keep the loyal customers they already have.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mervynhancock,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you feel that we don't offer the best deals to our loyal customers, but I can assure you that we will do everything we can to give you the best package possible. 

Have you been in contact with our team recently to see what we can offer?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Yes I contacted them, got put through to Asia, operator said there was nothing on offer unless I increased the package, and then put up my monthly bill by the maximum £4-50. I have been with Virgin Media for well over 20 years, now a pensioner, and that's what they dish out for customer loyalty. Once it goes over £80 a month I will be off to Freeview.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mervynhancock,

All deals are subject to change, so it maybe soon that we do have a deal for you 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Ok here's a challenge! You find me a better deal and I will sign up to it! At the moment I have The Virgin "Fun TV" package which gives me no Premium channels and most of it not in HD. I allegedly have the M100 broadband speed - I say allegedly because it has never risen above 45 despite the efforts of your engineers and customer service reps. I have talk weekends on the telephone landline, and two TIVO boxes. The cost for this is now £79-85p a month and I am on a rolling monthly contract. I am not interested in music channels, childrens tv, but would like more of the existing channels in HD. I have no intention of paying any more price increases. Feel free to call me from a UK BASED TEAM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 56 of 72
Flag for a moderator

You'll need to call the team as we do not deal with those queries on this forum.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
hooded
Joining in
Message 57 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I find if you phone up and try to negotiate a better deal you only get a small discount if you are lucky, but if you phone up and are adamant that you want to leave and don't even ask for a discount they will offer you the best deals to try and keep you as a customer. 

My girlfriend has TV, Phone and Internet and has phoned up a few times to try and negotiate a loyalty discount as the bill seems to keep gradually increasing, but the best they will give her is a few pounds discount which is still more than a new customer pays. This is because they can probably tell she doesn't want to leave, she just wants a better deal. 

I only have the internet here, and was paying the standard £35 for 50meg. I received a letter saying it was going up by £2.50 per month from October, so looked around at what other providers were charging for 50meg+. I found a much better deal and phoned up Vigin and asked to cancel and just mentioned casually in the conversation the reason why I'm cancelling with them and the price I'd found with the other provider. They then Transferred me to what she said was the accounts department (I'm guessing the main retention dept) to see what the best price they could offer me. They offered to drop he price to £22.50 for 6 months then £25 for another 12 months after that, which I accepted. You have to convince them that you are calling to leave and not negotiate a deal to get offered the best deals, and be prepared to stand your ground and leave if you don't get offered a decent enough deal. 

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I am very angry after getting off the phone after pretty much being flat out insulted (By the offer presented not the person on the phone).

Currently all we have is 200mb Broadband and Talk More Anytime and our bill is currently £73.59 and we have been out of contract for years, been with same company for ~20 years now and upon looking at packages on the website I can across this for the bundle we have.

Monthly cost (12 month contract)
£39.00 a month
for 12 months
then £62.00 a month

The best "Offer" (Major air quotes here) they can do for me to go back in contract is £68, a whopping £5 off.

Was expecting to drop to ~£50 since I wasn't a brand spanking new customer but noooooooooo you been with us two decades what do we care.

I am coming so close to just going somewhere else with the price hiking up too much, Sky knocked £10-£15 off our bill going back on contract so may go with them, will have to check what they offer.

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 59 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how many posts it will take from dissatisfied customers on this forum for Virgin to take any notice! I have reached my limit now of £79-95p for medium tv, broadband a weekend telephone calls. The broadband never reaches advertised speeds, the Wi-fi has to be boosted in every room, and they won't even give us all the tv channels in our existing package in HD. As I write this the postman has just delivered ANOTHER mailshot from Virgin, addressed to the householder (me) offering my package, plus many extras for £49! But only if I am a NEW customer. I tried to transfer the whole thing to my wife at the same address but was told she wouldn't be classed as a NEW customer. I am looking at Freeview where you get more channels in HD.

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Just a follow up to my previous post, I called up cancellations just to find out the process, is it over phone or cancellation in writing because we have never done it before and after 15m on hold they come back and say I could cancel my services and resign up, WHY SHOULD THAT BE NECESSARY, SERIOUSLY.

He then said retentions may be able to provide a non insulting offer to go back into contract so I am yet again on hold.

Again, I wasn't expecting to pay the exact same as a new customer but £10 over what they pay shouldn't be asking for too much for staying with them in contract again.
0 Kudos