Menu
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

Had a call from VM this morning and they’ve matched the price a new customer would get. That’s good news but why go through all the hassle of being offered a poxy £2 discount but then call back the following day and match it. Doesn’t make sense but on the bright side I’m happy they’ve matched the price.😊👍🏼

0 Kudos
janeleach
Tuning in
Message 12 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Good luck in contacting the cancellation/ retention team I've been kept waiting over 25 minutes and still no answer, it's disgraceful that customers loyal to Virgin are getting such poor deals.

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi Ash5896,
Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 
New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 
The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy
Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 
Thanks,

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on this Ash5896, 

The initial deal you took would have included a discount. All New Customers get an offer Smiley Happy

I'm sorry you feel that way though. 

I am glad the team have come back to you and things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davieq
Tuning in
Message 14 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ash5896

I have found what you are saying to be spot on

I have also been with them since NTL (1990) and could probably retire with money iv spent

Look at Sky ,advertising loyalty bonus's on TV for even just 2 years

Virgin may give you a small discount for 6 months or so on your package then it creeps up over the 12 month contract they tie you into, to be more expensive than what you were complaining about to start with

They are ONLY INTERESTED IN THE MONEY !!!!, NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY!!!

Also regularly the Broadband speed is no where near advertised and will only discount if you spend half an hour on the phone (should be done without you having to complain)

TV - XL - advertise ove 230 channels ,BUT ,how many are the same ?

Normal channel .Same Channel HD ,Same Channel +1 (crap)

To sum up after nearly 30 years ,seriously looking to move on

Regards Daviq

Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 48
Flag for a moderator

After giving my notice to have my services terminated I received a call the following day and was given the offer that new customers were being given and this was for 18 months. 

Now this could’ve been done when I originally called it just goes to show there’s people out there who won’t question their prices and are paying over the odds 

0 Kudos
davieq
Tuning in
Message 16 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Only when you phone up to leave do they offer a reasonable deal

Why is this not done through My Virgin Media package deals, or, instead of posting out so called mobile deals every other week, If I want a mobile deal I will contact them

Post out something you will be interested in

Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hello davieq,

Have you spoken to the team regarding your package price recently?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 18 of 48
Flag for a moderator

New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined.

What a laugh. I have been a customer for 21 years and do not recall getting a discounted price for my broadband, telephone, tv package when I joined. In all that time the most I have ever got was a £5 loyalty bonus for 18 months, two years ago. And to get that I had to agree a contract for one year which has now lapsed.

In all that time I have never been offered any form of special offer eg Sky sports offer or whatever. I used to pay my phone rental up front but was never informed the last time to renew and when I rang was told “too late now”. 

Time to ring retentions. I really object having to go through this charade. Why cannot the company offer loyalty deals automatically after, say five years continuous custom. Even a small amount is a gesture. The company is even worse than insurance companies. What makes it worse is VM couldn’t care less. Still, another £90/ month customer ready to go.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 48
Flag for a moderator

because the government support and encourage this practice. its the same everywhere and ill not change

Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Defo give them a call it’s absolutely ridiculous how loyal customers are treated by most companies now.

0 Kudos