alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

@Melissa_F wrote:

Hi Mervynhancock,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you feel that we don't offer the best deals to our loyal customers, but I can assure you that we will do everything we can to give you the best package possible. 

Have you been in contact with our team recently to see what we can offer?

Thanks

Melissa 

Nothing to do with feeling like they don't do offers for loyal customers its a straight up fact they don't and even get told to try cancelling services then resigning up.

Best offer is paying over £20 more than new customers FOR THE SAME PACKAGE.

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Luckily I am on a monthly rolling contract so can get out before Christmas hopefully, and find something better. Good luck!

0 Kudos
hooded
Joining in
Message 63 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Did you ask to cancel your services? If you had they would have probably offered a better deal. Do not ask for a discount, tell them you've found a better deal with sky and want to cancel please 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 64 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Mervynhancock wrote:

Luckily I am on a monthly rolling contract so can get out before Christmas hopefully, and find something better. Good luck!

No hopefully about it - just give them 30 days notice and if you wish to have it cut off early you can but you will still have to pay the 30 days - and then leave. They can't stop you. 30 days is the law of the land and applies to ALL contracts once out of initial period 

0 Kudos
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I too have had the discussion today with customer services, who were rude and unhelpful..  and suggested that if, as they were not able to extend my current loyalty discount beyond the end of my contract and therefore my new rolling contract would  cost an additional 14% this coming year.. I should perhaps go to sky or bt .

Having already suffered numerous increases since September, and new customers being offered packages at 45% cheaper,  I think the answer is to cancel, and have my partner open a new account, with whoever he chooses. or walk 

I have been with Virgin since Telewest.. there were no opening discounts.. -  but I really think that Virgin do not care about customer loyalty at any level these days...

I am also appalled by the attitude of the customer service team.. which is something new for Virgin.. 

0 Kudos
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 66 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I tried that and the customer advisor replied if that's how I felt there was nothing he could do !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 67 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting sandic

I really am sorry you're unhappy with the deal you've been offered and the attitude of our Customer Relations agent.  I can only speculate but from what you've advised, it sounds as though our agent may have offered the best discount they're able to offer in relation to your account. 

I am really sorry, I appreciate this will not help you, but when an agent does not increase or reinstate a discount, it's very unlikely that it's because they won't do it and more to with being unable to do so.

I am genuinely sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 72
Flag for a moderator

This is annoying I go through this every 18 months. They always say that’s the best they can do but it isn’t.

once you give your notice in they’ll soon give you a call begging you to stay. It’s ridiculous they only care about new customers. If your getting a better deal with Sky or elsewhere then take it.

0 Kudos
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 69 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I feel the pain of everyone on here with the annual dance with retentions.  

Due to constant price rises I moved my TV to Sky around four years ago but kept broadband and phone with Virgin as it’s the best in my area and they’ve done me some decent deals (via retentions).

It’s interesting dealing with both companies and the differences in how they operate their offers to both new and existing customers.

Sky are open and transparent with their offers and they are all open to both new and existing customers (providing you take a new 18 month contract).  Virgin on the other hand only offer their deals to new customers and existing customers have to negotiate to try and get a better offer which is generally worse than the new customer offers. 

The current Black Friday deals are a good example of this. I’ve just agreed a new deal with Sky which includes more within my package but is now costing me a few pounds a month less and is the same price as a new customer could get so I’m very happy with Sky and feel they appreciate my loyalty. 

Virgin on the other hand are offering their M200 broadband and phone package for £30 for new customers but the best they could offer me is £40.  So I would therefore have to pay £120 per year more for exactly the same service and I’d love an explanation as to how they believe they can justify me paying this extra £10 per month over a new customer. So this equals a slightly miffed customer who is annoyed with Virgin. 

I will therefore shortly be going through the annual dance with retentions to see whether they can do me a deal or if I move my broadband to another provider whereas if they’d have just given me the £30 deal (as Sky would) they’d have had a happy customer for another 12 months. 

Wish me luck in my dance! Ha ha! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 70 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jameswilson17

I am really sorry if we've made you feel undervalued as a customer.  Are you currently receiving a deal and are nearing the end of that particular deal? When you call our Customer relations team does it cost you anything?  If so we do also have an 0800 number you can call if you need it.  The number is 0800 052 2164.  

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos