Menu
davieq
Tuning in
Message 31 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

I have been a Project Manager for a worldwide construction company for the last 20) years running Project at £5m - £50m,so have a good understanding of how business works !

Companies ,big and small give their staff service = LOYALTY REWARDS for long service usually after 10 years and every 5 year intervals there after !!

So why not Virgin??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 32 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Because we are CUSTOMERS not STAFF?

and the industry is geared towards (and encouraged to be) new customer deals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
davieq
Tuning in
Message 33 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately we will agree to disagree

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 34 of 48
Flag for a moderator

By all means disagree but all you’ve done is explain how companies treat staff, not customers.

We here are customers for VM not staff.

The company I work for offers staff a discount scheme but not customers. Should customers expect that discount scheme themselves? No. Offering discount/perks for staff is common in big (and small) companies to incentivise them to stay/be productive. That we are not disagreeing with. You just need to remember the difference between staff and customers. To offer a discount to a few staff is cheap and easily budgeted, to offer it to millions of customers is not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 48
Flag for a moderator

So why do you get retentions call after you’ve agreed to cancel your account offering you the same discount that new customers would receive?

just goes to prove that they can and will. They must hope that people take the small discount they offer on renewal but most people don’t and they end up getting a price that a new customer would pay. Same as car and home insurance they do the same every year amd then end up matching the price so why shouldn’t you ask. Makes sense to haggle always have and I always will. 

0 Kudos
aherne1977
Settling in
Message 36 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Lots of people in the same boat by the looks of it!!

I don't want to switch, as I can't be bothered with the hassle, but feel compelled to because of the lack of acknowledgement of my loyalty.  I've been a customer since the days of the NTL 1p per minute dial-up and I've never had an issue with calling every year to "negotiate" a new contract.  It wasn't always the same as "new" customers but on a couple of occasions it's been cheaper and sometimes a little more expensive, but not like it is this year.  There are offers like the Full House for new customers for £45pm currently, but I've been offered it for £64... £19, really?!?  I appreciate the offer's to lure people in, but what about the offers to retain people?  I used to work for one of the big mobile providers and there was concerted effort to retain customers rather than see them leave.

I mentioned the offers from BT, Sky and the other broadband providers to couple with NowTV using the aerial for Freeview, but was given a rather abrupt reason, notably Sky's offer to new and existing customers because they're putting their prices up 17% in April.  It's actually £2 on their £45 bundle, which is nowhere near 17%!!

I'll be cancelling tomorrow, probably to Sky (even though I don't want a dish on my house), I just need to see exactly what I'll be losing/gaining by doing so.

So disappointed.

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I’m pretty sure you’ll get a phone call from retentions. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 48
Flag for a moderator

@Ash5896 wrote:

@Ash5896 wrote:

They only call around 10% afaik. It’s  not guaranteed.

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure on percentages I suppose if you do get a call that’s great if not it’s their loss of a customer smokes to another provider. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi aherne1997, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Our team will always do their best to find you a suitable package this depends on what deals we have available at the time, apologies if this has not met your expectations. 

We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer, please let us know if we can help you with anything. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos