cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No account number to be seen

katiebailey
Joining in

Hi,

I recently signed up and ordered a virgin media broadband in preparation for the house I am moving into come September 1st. This was about an hour and a half ago.

I was told by customer support to call the pre-installation team afterwards in order to change our installation date, seeing as delivery is expected to occur August 11th, though I do not move in until September 1st. I was also given a discount code for signing up today, which I needed to pass on to the pre-installation team.

When I called, they said they could not find my account through my email, full name or phone number. There are currently other people living at the house that don’t move out until the end of the month, so you can see why it is important we change the delivery date etc. 

I’m wondering why in my email providing the contract, the account number and area reference are left blank (‘-‘). I need these details to move forward with the changing installation date process. 

Have I been scammed? Or will it just take a few hours for these details to come through? The emails were sent from the following addresses:

vmteam@virginmedia.co.uk

webteam@virginmedia.com

Any help would be appreciated!! I am worried I have been somehow scammed.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @katiebailey 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hello katiebailey,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with changing your installation date.

I can see my colleague @VM-Jon has reached out to you. 

If you still need help, please let us know 
Gareth_L