cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Welcome Pack - what have I signed up to?

Calks93
Joining in

I signed up with a door to door sales rep mid December, he offered a great deal that meant I’d be getting 200mb/s speed for £20 a month, no mention of set up fee or if it would cost more after an initial period.. which doesn’t seem to be an offer anywhere on the website. Anyway, I received my QuickStart kit around 20 Dec and activated the internet on 4 Jan.

My problem is I’ve not really had any communication from Virgin since signing up or activating my internet, other than a text to confirm I was set up, an email advising how to ‘get the best out of my broadband’ and a survey on my experience. No contract, no welcome pack, no account details, not even a direct debit confirmation. Is this normal? I can’t sign up for an online account because I don’t know my account details, I even struggled to get the engineer out to set up my Hub in the first place because I couldn’t give them any of the security information. I have no idea when my bill is due or if it is actually going to be £20 like I thought.

I tried calling and they said I should’ve had an email, when I said I didn’t they said the most they can do is send my contract out - but that could take 7 days and that’s if it doesn’t get delayed by the postman.

Any suggestions please?

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Calks93, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive your original contract.

I can see that as you've mentioned here, that we're sending out a paper copy of your contract to you.

Unfortunately, as I'm unable to provide you with your account number over here due to that being a breach of data protection, you will need to wait to receive that to be able to sign up online.

One final thing however, is I've noticed that potentially the email address on your account may be slightly different than what the contract went to, explaining why it's never been received.

I'm just going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details so I can verify this information directly to you.

Please expect this within the next few minutes!

Regards

Tom_W