cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Verification Email Received

RNG123
Tuning in

I had Virgin connected to a new house we moved to on 12th July.

The installation of TV box is unfinished and we have no idea when engineer is coming to connect it, so have minimal TV access.

Trying to sign in to create account to see details and check if any engineer visits scheduled.

However, every time it says Verification Email sent … but never gets received. Have tried this over 10 times.

I finally had to sign up for here to post this and see if anyone at Virgin responds (Email verification worked for this support site).

No idea why Virgin has no email address to contact support. Very difficult and I wasted 45 mins on phone hold earlier which then just dropped out before an operator could come on.

Is this verification for Virgin accounts a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darrenw1967
Dialled in

The system is broke, you will read a lot of the same complaint from over the last 4 months, sorry to be the one to break the bad news but be ready for when the forum staff are on for a load of cut and paste answers

1, have you checked the mail hasn’t gone in to spam (they know it hasn’t been sent) then they will tell you check your mails again

2, you will be asked to clear your cache and to reboot your browser (this also doesn’t work but it fobs you off for a day

3, you will told there is an issue and they will raise an IT ticket (they won’t)

4, you chase your ticket to be told it was raised incorrectly ( It wasn’t actually raised) and they say they will raise another to again fob you off for a few days.

5, you come back to chase the imaginary ticket, this time they will say they will escalate it (which they won’t)

6, you realise it’s all lies and become bitter and twisted like a lot of us have on here as we are just treated with contempt.

best of luck and i hope to be proved wrong, but sadly I know I will not be

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Darrenw1967
Dialled in

The system is broke, you will read a lot of the same complaint from over the last 4 months, sorry to be the one to break the bad news but be ready for when the forum staff are on for a load of cut and paste answers

1, have you checked the mail hasn’t gone in to spam (they know it hasn’t been sent) then they will tell you check your mails again

2, you will be asked to clear your cache and to reboot your browser (this also doesn’t work but it fobs you off for a day

3, you will told there is an issue and they will raise an IT ticket (they won’t)

4, you chase your ticket to be told it was raised incorrectly ( It wasn’t actually raised) and they say they will raise another to again fob you off for a few days.

5, you come back to chase the imaginary ticket, this time they will say they will escalate it (which they won’t)

6, you realise it’s all lies and become bitter and twisted like a lot of us have on here as we are just treated with contempt.

best of luck and i hope to be proved wrong, but sadly I know I will not be

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RNG123, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the delay in your installation being completed and being unable to register your online account.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee,

I've sent you the information and retried the verification email you sent.

Again ... I've tried clicking on "Resend verification link" button many times from both laptop and mobile.

Every time I get nothing coming through so still cannot access my account.

Can someone please just call me so I can get an answer on when technician will come?

Our TV system has now not been working for over 7 days.

N

Lee ...
Again I've just spent an hour on hold then got through to someone in India who said they had manually triggered a verification email. That eventually came through but went to a broken link.
Can you please just get someone to call me.
I cannot keep going onto calls holding for an hour then having them send broken links.

AS ABOVE ... PLEASE CAN YOU OR SOMEONE CALL ME?

N

Sorry for any confusion.  I've responded to you privately @RNG123

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @RNG123, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

Hello 

i seem to be in the same predicament. 
The verification email came through once which was on Thursday ( last week) however it arrived hours later where at that point it was expired. Since then ive not received anything through. Ive been trying back and forth for days now.  

its funny how when I registered for your forum i was sent the verification email in seconds. 

🙂 may i please have a link sent directly through here? See if that works. 
i will need to view my account to now book an engineer to sort out my new router. Our wifi plug unfortunately isn’t compatible. 

ive checked spam and logged online with both my phone and laptop. Nothing has been received apart from that one expired link. 

Hi @Wcress, thanks for getting in touch with his here on the forums and a big welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with registering for your online account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

You're very welcome @Wcress and I hope that you get this resolved today, if not, please let me know. 

Regards,

Steven_L