Menu
Eddie5157
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Telephone ! So why do I pay ?

I’ve told Virgin that I do not require a landline but was told that it’s part of the package and if I do not have it my package price will be higher. I replied why ?. If I do not have a telephone you do not have to maintain it so less cost to Virgin I have not even got a physical telephone as I use a mobile. Example:- if I go into a restaurant and Steak , Egg , and Chips is £ 20 and I reply I don’t want the Steak they do not say it’s an EXTRA !  £10 without the steak ! 

Ive never heard of paying more for having less  !! What nonsense is that ? .

ive never sat on  a Virgin plane where they have charged you more if you do not eat the lunch that’s provided. Pure Greed  ...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Telephone ! So why do I pay ?

Virgin Media price their services based on how many you have with them. Bundles that include the phone service are priced more competitively that those without as Virgin Media would like customers to take all three cable services.

A a customer you can then make your choice about your services select based on the information on the pricing that's available.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
wez
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As BenMcr said you get a higher discount for having 3 products. Which usually makes it cheaper to have 3 than 2.

VM will gamble that some, a significant number, will go on to use the landline and therefore spend more over the course of the contract. Of course you can just chose not to connect a landline and avoid this.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Take the bundle for 12 months. You will then probably find that service without phone is cheaper than service with phone.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Eddie5157
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’m sure they do want you to sign up for all 3 .Its completely out of order making people sign up for something they do not need. If you do not want a particular service why are  you being charged more. I know exactly why they do it it’s in the hope you start running up large phone bills so really you are being coerced into having a service you do not want. It’s bang out of order I do not care what justification any one try’s to use. At the end of the day if you do not use something you should not be charged for it. That is pure greed.

0 Kudos
Eddie5157
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I get why they do it and it’s out of order. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is a two way interaction.

Private companies set their products and pricing based on their aims and goals, and what they want to get customers to purchase. That's completely their right to do so.

But as a consumer you have the right to decide whether that pricing and those options are right for you or not, and if not find the services and pricing that does work for you.

If enough people make the same choice, then it will affect the decisions a private company make about how their products and pricing work in the future.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own