cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Price Rise Notification for Broadband?

astreix
Joining in

Is there any way to check other than the email from VMedia to see if prices on my Bband will be increasing?

I'm around 12m into an 18m contract and have been hearing about Virgin broadband price rise in various media/forums but so far I haven't received any notification.

Just worried I might miss the 30 day notice period and get locked into higher prices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @astreix 

The price rise/cancellation emails are being sent out in phases so as not to overload the agents workload too much and help people get through quicker.

The price rises don't take effect until either April 1st, or May 1st, so there's a very good chance you haven't been sent any correspondence yet.

Check your spam/junk folders in just in case you've had an email from VM advising of price increases and it's been routed there.

Also log into MY Virgin Media > Account Settings > Account Details > Contact Details > Email address 

Check that it is up to date, if not you should change the email address.

You should also add VM to your "safe list" to ensure that any email from VM goes to your inbox and not your spam/junk folder

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @astreix 

The price rise/cancellation emails are being sent out in phases so as not to overload the agents workload too much and help people get through quicker.

The price rises don't take effect until either April 1st, or May 1st, so there's a very good chance you haven't been sent any correspondence yet.

Check your spam/junk folders in just in case you've had an email from VM advising of price increases and it's been routed there.

Also log into MY Virgin Media > Account Settings > Account Details > Contact Details > Email address 

Check that it is up to date, if not you should change the email address.

You should also add VM to your "safe list" to ensure that any email from VM goes to your inbox and not your spam/junk folder

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @astreix 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

@newapollo has done a superb job of answering thoroughly there, thank you as always. 

I will send you a PM though so I can let you know either way.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @astreix 

Just to update the thread, you've advised us that you have received the notification today.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @astreix 

Thanks for your message however, please do not PM unless we ask you too 🙂

Your message relates Pods and the Connect App. What's happening when you use the app please?

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team