Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No London underground WiFi for new customers

mikelward
On our wavelength

I just saw this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/wifi-terms-conditions

Please note: If you have joined or recontracted to Virgin Media Broadband or Virgin Mobile on or after 1st December 2022, Virgin Media’s out of home WiFi hotspots and the Virgin Media London Underground WiFi service are not available to you and will not form part of your contract for either Virgin Media broadband or Virgin Mobile.

That's disappointing! I know there's a new mobile service rolling out in the underground, but it won't be fully rolled out until the end of 2024.

My current mobile company doesn't offer underground WiFi, and I was hoping to use Virgin Media WiFi rather than change mobile companies.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi mikelward, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the phasing out/ceasing of our hotspots and underground service. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

The use of our Wi-Fi Hotspots has been declining in recent years. Maintaining a network of over 4 million hotspots is a significant expense, and with traffic on the decline, as well as increased usage over 4G or 5G mobile services, we want to continue investing in and providing the services our customers use and value the most.

Regards

Lee_R

mikelward
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Lee.

I read that the Virgin Underground WiFi service is being handed over to BAI in April. Do you know more about that? How will people get access to underground WiFi after April?

Thanks!

Hi @mikelward thanks for your reply.

We do not have anymore information on this now unfortunately, it will be worth checking TFL's website for further updates, all info we have on this is here.

Many thanks

Tom_W