Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Amazon Voucher after 120 days

redpenny19
Tuning in

Hello I have the same problem as numerous other people. Details below

• Signed up in August 2022 with £95 Amazon Voucher
  • Received one email from Gift Cloud reminding my to complete my order, which I did immediately. 
  • I have had and paid for Virgin Broadband since the 7th August 2022.
  • Waited 120 days, no email, no voucher, nothing.
  • Purchase and offer was directly via Virgin Media
  • I would have probably not signed up for the broadband without this offer.
10 REPLIES 10

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @redpenny19!

Sorry to hear you're awaiting your Amazon Gift voucher for an extended period of time.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to contact Gift Cloud directly?

You should have received an E-Mail from Gift Cloud that advised of 17 terms and conditions, with the final one stating;

17. Release of the gift card is the responsibility of Decision Technologies once authorised by Virgin Media, and cannot be redeemed from the provider directly. If you have any questions regarding the offer, please contact customer.service@broadbandchoices.co.uk

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes I emailed them and since the offer was directly via Virgin they said I must go back to Virgin to resolve.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Were you advised that we had confirmed with Gift Cloud that you had been installed?

Can you confirm on what date you were installed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No I was not advised that, my install completed on the 12th August.

When were you responded to by Gift Cloud @redpenny19?

You may be best placed reporting back to them directly to confirm this has not yet been issued.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

On the 6th of August and then never again, I would do that but it does clearly state to contact broadbandchoices, which I've already done.

So when you say contact gift cloud which email address do you mean? 

Hi redpenny19, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As the offer isn't through us, there isn't much more information we can give I'm afraid. I would refer back to the terms and conditions in the original email your received from Gift Cloud. This may give further contact options but if not then the best thing would be to go back to Broadband Choices. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

To be clear. The offer was through Virgin Media.

No one else involved, however I have 1 email from gift cloud about the voucher and nothing else since. I have the same issue as countless others on this forum, yet for some reason I'm being treated differently? This is clear misselling. 

Hi redpenny19, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Any voucher offers that are taken from Virgin Media directly are dealt with differently. The voucher is usually sent to the customer's email 42 days after installation. It would show on your Order confirmation from VM too. As well as this, we don't use Gift cloud so you would never have received an email from them. 

A lot of third party sites may offer an incentive and direct you to complete the order through our site by clicking a link but overall these incentives have nothing to do with us. As per the email you said you received, number 17 specifically advises: Release of the gift card is the responsibility of Decision Technologies once authorised by Virgin Media, and cannot be redeemed from the provider directly.

I can only apologise if you feel you are being treating differently but this is not the case. You will need to go back to Broadband choices for them to escalate this for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs