cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next door neighbours Virgin Media connection

kebabmon
Tuning in

Hi,

My next door neighbours VM connection has appeared on MY VM connection. I found the original splitter on ground underneath the termination point, whic was when i noticed the new 'installation'.

Can you let me know when your engineers are returning to install my neighbours cable installation properly i.e. not using my cable or termination point.

I don't pay for shared services.

Thanks,

Colin.

17 REPLIES 17

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

Is the splitter on your property or at the drop?

If its split at the drop (i.e not on your property) the install can stand as is. Splitting a cable doesn't split the signal.

If on the other hand there is a cable from your omnibox (box on your wall outside) to your neighbours property, that DOES need sorting out.

Some photos would be helpful.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kebabmon

Sorry to hear about this. 

Are you able to send us a few pictures of the install/ the split so we can see what we can do.

Thanks

Ben_N

The cable comes in to my wall box and has been split between my property and next doors. Next door has block-paving on the driveway so no prizes for guessing what has happened. 

Please come and do a proper installation on next door's VM services. When I move to another provider next door won't have any services fed from my property.

I have pictures and will upload when i'm on a laptop. 

Thanks for getting back to us kebabmon, 

Please post the pictures when you can and we'll see what we can do to help 🙂

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM

Pics uploaded. Is there a reason why you asking me to post pictures to a public forum?

It would appear that Virgin Media are taking liberties with peoples services.

VM_1.jpgVM_2.jpg

It looks as if your neighbour on the left has cable split from yours. There is no need to be alarmed if your service is good. Can you post some stats. Go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP or MAC addresses.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Colin

Thanks for getting back to us with the pictures.

For us to log this for you can you please pop back to me on the forums via the PM I have sent to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope.

I can then raise this for you.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Same thing has happened to me found next doors cable going over my wall into splitter in my vm box even though there is an existing vm box on their wall, and since this installation I have been getting 1.5Mbps speeds instead of 50 and customer services have not been able to resolve and they put the phone down on me but I guess that's standard practice for them these days especially when they haven't got the know how...