cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin media account set up issues

chriscoggins
Joining in

I'm struggling to set up my new Virgin Media account either online or through the app, all day yesterday each time I put in my email address that I used to purchase the broadband it said it was invalid. I phoned customer services when I eventually found a number and they informed me that it was because I had used the email address on a previous account, so I tried 3 others with the same outcome, error DEF01. So I gave up. Today I tried again, this time it accepted my original email address, then took me through to the next page where it asks for me to create a password which I did, apparently a strong one, and meet the requirements but on confirming it and pressing continue it then said that I couldn't use it and to try another one! I've now tried about 20 different passwords but despite trying to connect it tells me the same thing each time.

This is the most aggravating account sign up I have encountered. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chriscoggins thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised surrounding My Virgin Media.
Please allow me to send you a PM to look into trying to get this sorted for you and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chriscoggins thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised surrounding My Virgin Media.
Please allow me to send you a PM to look into trying to get this sorted for you and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W