cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New flat has no telephone/landline

Straw6erry
Tuning in

Hi,

The new flat I am moving to has had the telephone line/landline removed. I have already ordered a move with virgin media for my broadband only package with an engineer that will come.

However, I wanted to know if it's possible to have the broadband installed without it? If not, is it possible for the engineer to put one the same day?

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I am the account holder, however my roommate keeps getting sms messages from virgin.

I am moving flats soon and have ordered to move with virgin, but do not recieve the sms messages. There is no option either in account details to change this.

I want to recieve sms messages to my number, how do I go about this?

Kind regards.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Straw6erry 

You don't need a telephone line to have broadband with Virgin, however it sometimes works out cheaper to have a package that includes the landline.

If you've changed your mind and want a phone line installed as well then speak to New accounts and set up  on freephone number 0800 052 0422.

EDIT - Just noticed you have another  post about moving home - so instead of speaking to New Accounts and Set ip you need to speak to Home movers on the same number - you can also ask them to update your contact sms number as per your other post which I'll merge with this one.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Straw6erry 

Just for information. 

When moving house you start a new 18 month contract if you change any part of your current package.

If you don't change your current package then you'll stay on the same deal/price until the end of your current contract and then you can negotiate a new deal.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali