cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fixed price contract has risen nearly £20 a month

Quorny
On our wavelength

I entered a new fixed contract for 18 months starting 3rd April 2023. The new direct debit agreed was £46 a month.  Yesterday I received my bill for May stating its now £64.40!!!!! I rang Virgin only to be told its correct and it's due to the price increase. This cannot be correct surely as I renegotiated a fixed price 18 month contract. Any help would be appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Quorny, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to hear of this price issue since you've switched to a new 18 month deal.

We'd love to best assist, although we do not support package changes over this forum we're happy to review what went wrong if anything and help out.

Firstly, could you kindly confirm what was the date when you signed up for this new deal? 
You can visit this link here to get a full breakdown of your bill as to a) what billing periods are included b) what's your package price per month c) what charges have been applied that changed the bill to £64 etc.

Regarding the price rise, this should not affect you if the deal was taken quite recently however we'd be able to advise more when we know this.

For more info on the price changes please visit this page where you can find all the info about what applies and when.

Last question, just to be sure please see if the monthly value reflecting on your MyVM account is correct so we can take things from there.

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Quorny
On our wavelength

It's been sorted thank you 

Glad to hear this @Quorny 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs