cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New deal, not as agreed

andym0772
Tuning in

Bit disappointing to be told your price is going up by £21 just after renegotiating a deal. So close to cancelling my whole account but i get convinced to stay with a new deal that will be £78 till 6 month then go up. Told 10 times price will be £78 for 6 months and no raise in may. Email sent to me now shows its £87. What can i do??

B08C8B12-278B-487E-AC60-8653275DFB22.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Well-informed

@andym0772 wrote:

Bit disappointing to be told your price is going up by £21 just after renegotiating a deal. So close to cancelling my whole account but i get convinced to stay with a new deal that will be £78 till 6 month then go up. Told 10 times price will be £78 for 6 months and no raise in may. Email sent to me now shows its £87. What can i do??

If you don't get the revised details sent by email or appear in My Virgin Media under your contract details, then I'm afraid it's back on the phone again to retentions to try and sort out. Yes, there is WhatsApp but that could be offshore folk answering that rather than UK staff that will be aware of rules/law.

The forum staff on here do not usually as a rule, get involved with package prices or changing contracts.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

@andym0772 wrote:

If you don't get the revised details sent by email or appear in My Virgin Media under your contract details, then I'm afraid it's back on the phone again to retentions to try and sort out. Yes, there is WhatsApp but that could be offshore folk answering that rather than UK staff that will be aware of rules/law.

The forum staff on here do not usually as a rule, get involved with package prices or changing contracts.

Mr_K
Well-informed

Raise a complaint.

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/complaints

They record these calls, so your offer will have been recorded, and they'll have to honour it.

Similar thing happened to me after the last price rise. After raising a complaint and listening to the recording they had to honour the verbal offer. Seems to be a common occurrence. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andym0772,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be a discrepancy with a recently discussed deal. During your conversation, did they discuss applying any discounts? It's possible that these aren't displaying on the deal confirmation you've agreed to because they're applied in the background.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!