cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New deal cooling off period

telbea
Tuning in

I contacted retentions yesterday because my discounts were ending and the price increase was also about to hit, all at once and I have also just lost my job because of covid. I have been with VM since before it was VM, the NTL & Telewest days. I explained all this and asked what deal could they do for me. Dissapointed to be told there were no deals to offer. I told them again that I would have to leave VM or loose services. She told me that I would have to drop levels in services to get a cheaper price. So, she said drop from full tv to lowest (Mixit), drop broadband from 300 to 100, oh I can keep phone on the talk more anytime, this would take my bill down to £60 pm on another 18 month contract. I asked what it would be if I remove the tv altogether, Mixit tv is not worth it. She said the package would be £59 - a saving of a whopping £1 !!

Is this £60 a good deal ?

The increase charges will hit next week so I have had to decide quickly. I said go ahead with the £60 deal on another 18 month contract - HOWEVER - am I correct in thinking that I get a 14 day cooling off period - so can I leave or remove the mixit tv during this time?? or am I now stuck for 18 months?

I would be interested to hear what you have in your packages and costs.

tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

telbea
Tuning in

I contacted retentions yesterday because my discounts were ending and the price increase was also about to hit, all at once and I have also just lost my job because of covid. I have been with VM since before it was VM, the NTL & Telewest days. I explained all this and asked what deal could they do for me. Dissapointed to be told there were no deals to offer. I told them again that I would have to leave VM or loose services. She told me that I would have to drop levels in services to get a cheaper price. So, she said drop from full tv to lowest (Mixit), drop broadband from 300 to 100, oh I can keep phone on the talk more anytime, this would take my bill down to £60 pm on another 18 month contract. I asked what it would be if I remove the tv altogether, Mixit tv is not worth it. She said the package would be £59 - a saving of a whopping £1 !!

The increase charges will hit next week so I have had to decide quickly. I said go ahead with the £60 deal on another 18 month contract - HOWEVER - am I correct in thinking that I get a 14 day cooling off period - so can I leave or remove the mixit tv during this time?? or am I now stuck for 18 months?

tia

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

telbea
Tuning in

tia

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi telbea

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the personal situation.

To answer the question, the cooling off period is 14 days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@telbea wrote:

So, she said drop from full tv to lowest (Mixit), drop broadband from 300 to 100, oh I can keep phone on the talk more anytime, this would take my bill down to £60 pm on another 18 month contract

According to the online bundle checker, M100/Mixit/Talk More Anytime is £70/month standard price - so you've been offered a £10/month discount.

@telbea wrote:

I asked what it would be if I remove the tv altogether, Mixit tv is not worth it. She said the package would be £59 - a saving of a whopping £1 !!

M100 & Talk More Anytime is indeed £59/month standard price. Removing TV probably removes some wriggle room with discounting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I suggest you give notice, you will get a call in 48 hours offering you 1/2 price or more