cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

vmuser4
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 15.31.19.png

173 REPLIES 173

Our apologies for any frustration with this iaintait.

You would need to be installed before you can register an online account. 

^Martin

mikewong1120
Joining in

I have same problem for creating account, how to fix it? I already installed the broadband on 10/May.

Hi Mike, welcome to the community - thank you for posting to bring this to our attention!

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting your My Virgin Media account set up and registered. 

Can I check which link you have been using to register? If you can please try using this linke:

www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register

Have you received any 'activation' emails from us following trying to complete the registration?

Do you receive the same 'You can't use that password' error message from the starting post of this thread? (If so, please also include a screenshot of this.)

Let us know how you are getting on. 

All the best!

Molly

Hi Molly,

I've tried hundred times to input the same password, but always show "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

And than close that web page and try again register, system show "We've found you!", but I can't sign in and reset the password. When I choose reset password, your system show "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media", I already installed the broadband on 10/May. 

mikewong1120_0-1652341502202.jpeg

mikewong1120_1-1652341502237.jpeg

mikewong1120_2-1652341502232.jpeg

Hi Molly,

I used the same link to register new accout.

I haven't received any activation email.

Yes, I received the same error message from the starting post of this thread, but I haven't screenshot than close that web page,  and than I try again to register your system show "We've found you".

Thank you for sending over this additional information! It is greatly appreciated. 

I will need to send you a PM to confirm the email address you have been trying to use to register so I can ensure the provisioning of your account is set up correctly from our side. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to the public thread with a further update as soon as possible! 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly.

Is this fixed for anyone yet? 

I am a new (rather returning) customer - and I am having the same problem. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Cgould, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I will pop you over a private message so that I can help with this 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,

I'm also having this issue.

I've tried the link you've sent above, got my box installed over a month ago, every password I put in says it doesn't work. I didn't receive an activation email either. 

Can you just set up a password for me and send it over? Seems easier then having to hit the same wall constantly.