cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

vmuser4
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 15.31.19.png

173 REPLIES 173

I am having the same issue.  my account/line is active but cannot register due to this issue.  Not a great start!!

BoltonMan
Joining in

Is this being fixed on a case by case basis? In which case can I get a fix too as I am unable to set a password. I spoke over the phone last week to an operative but it still has not been resolved. Same issue as others - error message saying "choose a different password" but using different browsers and different variations of passwords.

Please help!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

Moving forward please make a separate post for this issue, as this is will cause traffic with responses and cause confusion with private message responses too.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It would be better if you solved the problem once and for all.

not impressed with Virgin and I’m only 1 week in

lafpap
Joining in

Same exact issue here. New customer, my internet is working already, but still can't set up my Virgin Media account, same error message ("You can't use that password. Please choose another"). I tried different browsers, passwords etc.

Thank you so much

Hi lafpap, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account, sometimes a date and year allows set up and you can change this in the profile section once everything is set up for you . ^Chris 

Hi Chris,

Sorry, it's not clear, what do mean by "sometimes a date and year allows set up"? Also, how do I update anything in the profile section if the very problem is that I can't create one?

Hi Ryan,

thanks for sending me the private message and would like to know what's our next steps on?

thanks,

Hi @lafpap

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry for any confusion caused with our previous reply.

Could you please ensure there are no special characters, only letters and numbers, it must begin with a letter, and must be between 8-10 characters.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide