cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and old account

melaniebr
Tuning in

Hi, I moved home a few years ago and stopped my virgin media internet subscription. Now I am moving again and re subscribed to Virgin Media internet broadband. 

My virgin media app is accessed through my primary email but it is still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my virgin media app.

Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked and new account linked to my login. 

Thanks,

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

21 REPLIES 21

I am having this exact same issue. I had an account with my email address, which I closed.

I've now created a new account (using the same email address), and I can't see my current package details. If I log in with that account, I see my old (disconnected) account. If I try to sign up with a separate email address, and put my new account details in, it tells me I already have an account (with the *old* email address).

How can I fix this is? 

Thanks!

Hi feejlbeejle thanks for posting and welcome to our community

I would love to help you get your email address linked to your new account.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

I am trying to move house and I still am unable to connect to my account.

i reached out to customer service to move house, they confirm they registered the move, but I received no email confirmation.

i cannot connect to check or do anything error DEF01 appears 

74744F29-2531-4719-8F51-AC528B51DBB9.jpeg

Hi melaniebr 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Juts to clarify please, have you been able to access the account since you contacted us last year?

Are you now trying to register for a new online account for your new property?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No I have not been able to access my account. I contacted support service so many times I just gave up.

i am just trying to move with my box, it is not a new account, same account, same machine, new address. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @melaniebr,

If you have moved to a new address you would have a new account number. You would need to re-register with the new account number?

Zoie

I just told you I did not move yet !!!!!! I just want to connect to my account please make this happen immediately. 

My subscription is till end of November 2023. I talked with one of your rep for 2 hours Thursday.

I think there may be a misunderstanding @melaniebr 

Are you trying to access your online account for the current address you are at or the new address you are moving to? If it is for the new address, you won't be able to use the same details. You would have to register again with a new account number as seen here https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register. If it is for your current account, what happens when you try to log in? Do you get an error message?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When trying to log in my current account. I haven’t been able to in a year. Please help me connect to my current account I litteraly already shared a screenshot of the DEF01 errors I’m getting

your colleague assured me that when I move it would be the same account, as my subscription runs till November 2023, he told me I would be billed £20 for the move and would receive a confirmation email. I did not receive the email. I downloaded the chat discussion as your customer service has been horrible so far, happy to share what he said to me with you or in this forum

Thank you for letting us know @melaniebr 

Unfortunately, because it is a different address entirely, you would have to register again when you move to access your new online account https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media We apologise for any miscommunication on behalf of our team.

To best help with your current account, I am sending a private message. Please look out for this and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs