cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer Unable to set password

Waywardhayward
Tuning in

I am a new broadband customer and am trying to create my virgin media account so I can use the app.

however I am unable to set a password - this happens on all platforms, desktop, android and iOS

Has anyone had this issue before, can someone help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help, I got eventually got in, I had to open the developer toolbar and clear all local storage for the virgin media web application.

after this I could get in, however there were errors all over the website.

I think this is resolved now thanks

alex

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Waywardhayward,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, may I ask are you receiving any error code when trying to register?

Secondly does the password meet these requirements?

- Between 8-10 characters
- Start with a letter
- Contain at least one number
- No special characters
Let us know,

Kain

Ha it was special characters.

unusual for them not to be allowed.

So now I have an account, but when I go to sign in - it says that  something went wrong please try again later 😞 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It does usually do this - is it the Oops message? If so, allow it 24 hours and it should work. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

hi Ryan,

it’s been over a week I think, and it’s still showing the error below.

89A69F06-65C9-471C-924A-21305B7B5ECA.png

Hey Waywardhayward, thank you for reaching back out to us. I am sorry this is still happening.

We've made some changes to our website recently, please can you try and make an account via this link 

Also with the password can you try something like this ;Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Please do let me know, thanks.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

the link you posted doesn’t work, It doesn’t actually contain a href url when I look at the code.

As I said above have setup an account now, I just can’t login at all on any platform

😞

Thanks for coming back to us @Waywardhayward, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for your help, I got eventually got in, I had to open the developer toolbar and clear all local storage for the virgin media web application.

after this I could get in, however there were errors all over the website.

I think this is resolved now thanks

alex

Thanks for coming back to us @Waywardhayward and I'm glad that you have been able to get your account created. 

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L